Sign in to follow this  

Jumping my 50 ft. backyard step up

Just a not from experience. Specifying an distance in measurements doesn't add much to impress, but will open you up to plenty of criticism.

With that out of the way. What an excellent use of a backyard! Looks like fun and nice air.

Just a not from experience. Specifying an distance in measurements doesn't add much to impress, but will open you up to plenty of criticism.

With that out of the way. What an excellent use of a backyard! Looks like fun and nice air.

+1, unless you are physically measuring the distance, or at least making a GOOD guesstimate, best to leave your estimate out of it!

Playing the video frame by frame of the 3rd jump, you MIGHT be getting 4 bike lengths of distance, maybe closer to 3.5 lengths..

If that was 50 foot, then I would be murdering like 75-100 foot on my crf 50 :smirk:

Still looks like fun though, no hate here. Just pointing out that your estimate is way off :smirk:

If that was 50 foot, then I would be murdering like 75-100 foot on my crf 50 :smirk:

Still looks like fun though, no hate here. Just pointing out that your estimate is way off :smirk:

I did measure it because my brother thought it was 30 and I said 45 ft. No you crf 50 can not come close to this jump. I will get a video from the bottom of the jump so you see what it really looks like. Step up jumps can be consieving to the eye. If you watch my other videos there is one of me on my track jumping a real 50 ft step up for the first time.

I did measure it because my brother thought it was 30 and I said 45 ft. No you crf 50 can not come close to this jump. I will get a video from the bottom of the jump so you see what it really looks like. Step up jumps can be consieving to the eye. If you watch my other videos there is one of me on my track jumping a real 50 ft step up for the first time.

I'm not saying I could jump 50 foot off that jump on my 50, I am saying I bet I could jump as far as you with my 50, because I doubt that jump was near 50 foot.

I'm not usually one to call someone out, but that jump looks closer to 25-30 foot, that's why I went frame by frame and measured how many bike lengths the jump was, just a quick guesstimate though, so I could be wrong, which is why I'm commenting on the video, to find out if it was really 50 foot, or to let you know you shouldn't lie about stuff like this to people who do it everyday :smirk: :smirk:

And I fully understand videos make things look different. I definitely agree. Video makes you look slower, makes hill climbs look smaller, and makes jumps look smaller. But I was going off the bike lengths of your jump, not just the look of the jump itself. :prof:

No offense meant by my post, just trying to help you out, incase you really didn't jump 50 foot, so you don't post up claims like that any more. If you really did jump 50 foot, I'm sorry for my comments, just didn't look close at all. :lol:

50 ft from the apex of the jump is pretty hard to believe on this one. Just the airtime alone didn't seem like that far. Did you include the length of the jump in the 50ft?

Regardless..... cool video. I wish I had the space to pull off something like that.

Cool that you're out there riding, but it does not look like 50 foot. Anything 50 foot in distance to flat is miserable.

EDIT: Must say, your track looks the same as yz85 racers track from PA, who had a 290 kit or something. Are you guys friends?

Step up jumps can be consieving to the eye.

I agree. LOL.

Chill guys......size isn't everything :smirk:

Chill guys......size isn't everything :smirk:

THat's not what "SHE" said!!! HAHA!!!:smirk::smirk:

Looks like fun, but if that's 50ft of air-distance, then I'm Miles Davis.

You can always shut us all up and get out a tape measure.

Cool that you're out there riding, but it does not look like 50 foot. Anything 50 foot in distance to flat is miserable.

EDIT: Must say, your track looks the same as yz85 racers track from PA, who had a 290 kit or something. Are you guys friends?

Dude, you're right! Hey yz85rider, its nice to have you back under another username! He even said to look at his other videos even though the account was just opened and has posted no other videos so far...classic. Anyway, yz85 lets get that camera rolling so we can see some more awesome videos of that sweet 290! :smirk::thumbsup::smirk:..........:prof:

This thread is a great example of why you should ALWAYS underestimate the size of your jumps when describing them. Stops people from arguing about it.

That being said....your bike is 6ft long, and the measurements don't add up.

It does look like a fun little air though. I wish I could ride in my back yard.

First of all, I think you mean "deceiving" to the eye. Second, I'm confident that Towlieee could jump that "step-up" on a girl's bmx bike. You really shouldn't be so sure about other peoples' lack of skill when you dont know them. Please stop lying. It didn't work with your old profile and it's not going so well with the new one.

I'm wondering why a jump onto a flat field from a lower flat field would be considered a 'step-up'?

I don't do MX but i always thought a 'step-up' jump meant you took off from a ramp and landed on a higher level simlilar to this one

I'm wondering why a jump onto a flat field from a lower flat field would be considered a 'step-up'?

I don't do MX but i always thought a 'step-up' jump meant you took off from a ramp and landed on a higher level simlilar to this one

Uhm, because step ups are consieving to the eye. :smirk:

I believe with enough throttle a person could jump 50 ft on it.........still a cute video......

I am yz85 rider. Changed the name because my yz85 has been long gone and its a dumb name. But yah I know it don't look like 50 ft, I will have to get a video of me jumping from the bottom of the take off or I will measure it on video.

First of all, I think you mean "deceiving" to the eye. Second, I'm confident that Towlieee could jump that "step-up" on a girl's bmx bike. You really shouldn't be so sure about other peoples' lack of skill when you dont know them. Please stop lying. It didn't work with your old profile and it's not going so well with the new one.

Its a fact that this specific jump can not be done on a bmx bike, or a crf50. It seems like all anyone want's to do on this website is argue. I stated above that I measured this jump.

This thread is a great example of why you should ALWAYS underestimate the size of your jumps when describing them. Stops people from arguing about it.

That being said....your bike is 6ft long, and the measurements don't add up.

It does look like a fun little air though. I wish I could ride in my back yard.

The bike is a little more than 7 feet long. Yes it is fun and I also have a track.