Wiseco 11:1 on stock engine feedback

Just got it up and running. I wasn't even expecting a noticeable power gain, but WOW I gained some really noticeable low end and mid-range torque. It's basically like the difference between uncorked and stock all over again.

Stock wouldn't power wheelie for crap, even in first.

Uncorked made it power wheelie in first, but that's it.

Uncorked + Wiseco = You can't keep it down in first if you wack it open and it will just loft up a tad in second.

I could clutch it up in 6th before, so now it should be a breeeeeeze to wheelie in any gear.

Even more tractor torque than before. I like. :smirk:

Excellent!!! Makes me want to do the same thing.

Can you still run 93 octane or do you need race gas now?

Excellent!!! Makes me want to do the same thing.

Can you still run 93 octane or do you need race gas now?

I would think 93 pump gas will work. I've got a 11.5:1 J.E. piston in my CRF150F and 93 pump gas works fine.

Running 91 octane pump gas and no noises or problems. It runs better over-all than the stock piston. Noticeably more snappy torque.

god I wish they made one for the Gen II 150's.

I know. It's a shame there isn't much support for that motor. Maybe you could bump up your compression by having the base of the cylinder shaved down a bit. It may be possible if the piston sits way down like in the 230.

Are you using the stock cam?

What Kickn said! I've always heard you need a cam to get the most out of a compression increase. True? No?

I'm using the stock cam :ride:

I had a buddy come over and test it out also and he noticed the same differences I did. A cam would really complement the piston because the power still drops off early. If money for a piston is all you have, I wouldn't hesitate! I just wanted to do things one at a time so I would be able to see what certain mods really do on their own. I'll probably stick with just the piston for a while though, since I'm plenty happy with the new power.

Try J.E. Pistons, they will make you one. Actually they will make three. Price is the same on a first time run. One or three, it costs about $450 for a first time run. I’ve got two of the three first time run J.E. Pistons for the early model CRF150F. A guy I know near me had them made. Three of us went in on the very first run of these pistons. He used one, I used one, then I bought the third from the third guy that decided not to use it. This was back in 2004. I’ve still got the third piston and ring set. Might need it someday.

Try J.E. Pistons, they will make you one. Actually they will make three. Price is the same on a first time run. One or three, it costs about $450 for a first time run. I’ve got two of the three first time run J.E. Pistons for the early model CRF150F. A guy I know near me had them made. Three of us went in on the very first run of these pistons. He used one, I used one, then I bought the third from the third guy that decided not to use it. This was back in 2004. I’ve still got the third piston and ring set. Might need it someday.

Thats way too pricey. If I didnt spend money on my trucks sound system I would have thrown in a BBK for it but now im just going to ride it for a bit and then sale it and buy new Yz125 or maybe Yz250.