Sign in to follow this  

01 CR125r White Smoke, Oil in exhaust, No power

Hi I have a 2001 Honda cr 125. I was riding one day and i couldnt get it to start, kicked it and kicked it on and off for maybe 25-30 min. So i decided to bump start it, i pushed it down a hill and kicked it into gear and it started but bogged down for about 30 feet not wanting to run properly but it finely did and i road it a little ways and it started running fine had all its power. Did two, four mile laps and all of a sudden lost its power and blew a ton of white smoke. I checked the oil and it is milky, i am also getting a lot a lot of oil in the head of my exhaust and dripping down my swing arm. I have changed the head gasket and base gasket both looked fine. I checked the piston the ring and the cylinder wall and couldnt find any warpage, or damage to anything. I have also replaced the water pump seal. I was told it could be the right side crank shaft seal? Is this something it could be, is there anything else it could be?? Any advice or questions for me would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Kyle

Are you losing transmission fluid? If you are having excess oil in the engine, then it is most likely the right hand crank seal. You listed so many things in your paragraph that you have done. Does that mean the white smoke and milky trans fluid are no longer issues, or were you still having that problem too?

I was gonna guess head gasket and/or (probably and) crank seal. After all you've done, assuming you are still having issues, I can't think it would be anything else besides a crank seal?

I have done all of the above i listed in the original thread and still having the same problem. Yes it all happened at once i believe because i have been replacing parts, started with the head gasket and base gasket, then went to the water pump seal and i am going to replaced the crank shaft seal tomorrow night. with the first two repairs done i am still having the same problem though. (white smoke, milky oil, oil in exhaust, no power when giving it gas).

Did you replace both pump seals?..did you look at the pump shaft where it goes through the seals and make sure it was smooth? The pump (2)seals would cause the milky oil but it usually leaks coolant out the weep hole also. The only thing that would make it smoke and no power is a bad crank seal or bad head gasket. When you replaced the head gasket you did put the embossed sides up..correct?

I did replace both pump seals and yes the pump walls look fine. I haven't seen any coolant leaking out the weep hole either. I did put the head gasket on the right way, it had a big UP printed on it, it was very easy to read. I am going to my buddies to replace the right side crank shaft seal right now, i will let you know if this fixes things. I'm really hoping so because i have nothing else i can think of. Thanks for the help everyone.

It was the right side crank shaft seal. It had completely came out of where it was supposed to be. So i have that fixed but am having another problem. In first and second gear (not exactly sure about the other gears) i will get on the gas and it doesnt have much power at all and then all of a sudden the bike will get so much power it wheelies. I was thinking i messed with the power valve adjustment when putting things back together but im not even sure if you can do that on a cr125. Any ideas???

sounds like it may need to be jetted, but my cr125 did the same thing. As soon as i hit third gear, the bike hit the powerband like you described. thats how the earlier cr125s are, and compared to other 125s like the yzs for instance, the yzs are a little easier to ride, smoother, and when i rode my friends yz125, i noticed my cr was a lot more picky to be on the pipe.

It was the right side crank shaft seal. It had completely came out of where it was supposed to be. So i have that fixed but am having another problem. In first and second gear (not exactly sure about the other gears) i will get on the gas and it doesnt have much power at all and then all of a sudden the bike will get so much power it wheelies. I was thinking i messed with the power valve adjustment when putting things back together but im not even sure if you can do that on a cr125. Any ideas???

Yes it sounds like you have the PV linkage to governor out of adjustment. It should have a very slight pressure holding the PV closed until the rpms come up. If you do not have the manual you should buy one.

Yes it sounds like you have the PV linkage to governor out of adjustment. It should have a very slight pressure holding the PV closed until the rpms come up. If you do not have the manual you should buy one.

Thank you, thats exactly what it was.