Sign in to follow this  

510 bottom end lag

so I took my baby out for a carve yesterday. It had been a little over 2 weeks since she had been kicked over (work away on a mine site) let her warm right up before I took off about 15mins into it I could just feel a slight lag in the mid gears (3&4) at the bottom end. Fuel is clean, oil only 2 hours old, spark should be good but will need a replace in 3/4 hours time but ild say the air filter def needs replacing. Ild say its 10-15 hours old and is as clean as its gonna get but still has the ingrained muck and grime that can stick from the fliter oil Could this be my problem?

My ears are well open to anything

What turned out to be the problem?

Just replaced the air filter completely and it seemed to stop. Or maybe it was just "that time of the month" :ride:

I would also be checking your rear sprocket.

I noticed mine was loose (the nuts and bolts), but not loose and also experienced loss of power.

Tightened the bolts and used some locktite and the power is back now.

I would also be checking your rear sprocket.

I noticed mine was loose (the nuts and bolts), but not loose and also experienced loss of power.

Tightened the bolts and used some locktite and the power is back now.

Strange man, how does that work without it being so obvious as to a noise or clunking of the chain?

I have no idea. I wondered that myself.

The nuts/bolts were loose JUST enough for them to spin but the sprocket didn't actually move. Obviously this would have been different with the torque from the engine.

Either way, it made a difference on my bike.

I have no idea. I wondered that myself.

The nuts/bolts were loose JUST enough for them to spin but the sprocket didn't actually move. Obviously this would have been different with the torque from the engine.

Either way, it made a difference on my bike.

Hence your screen name....:ride:

I ran the Power Now and PN+ on our TC 510. It made low and mid range response gains.