Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Dungy – "The unworthy Champion"

Well I must confess that I have often ragged on Dungy in the past. Going as far as to say he will never win another championship with the likes of RV JS TC in play, and an unworthy champion etc etc. But he is certainly earning my respect just that much more with each passing race. If you discount JS fantastic ability to crash all the time, he was constantly out hustled by him and 3 other riders in the SX series last season. Now, I suspect he is a 50/50 between him and CR. That said my money is on CR – cuz that guy can dig so deep when it counts. Once RD gets that aspect into his bag of tricks, he could very well have me eating crow for many years to come.

I think RV will come on much stronger in the coming weeks and win the championship. Plus when Canard comes back, he will be a definite podium contender.

It's only DungEy's (with an "e") second season! That kid is going to have an amazing career w/ more championships.

just because reed got the best of him in the second moto doesnt mean much, dungey can dig deep. hes smart you cant win a championship on the first race. they are still feeling ings out,he will have plenty of moto wins.

Dungey will win more championships. All the haters... just wait and see.

IMO Dungeys style fits much better into the outdoor wide open tracks. He doesnt have to push his way through riders in a 10 min main event. Outdoors he has all the time he needs to haul ass and pass riders without having to make aggresive passes which is def. not his fortee.

He's gonna shine this season one way or another but it wont be a cake walk nor will he do it in spectacular fashion but he'll be sticking his nose in the running for the championship points. He's got his hands full with Reedy already and when RV gets in the groove he's def gonna be a challenge, because theres no way he was up to pace last weekend. Anyone that says Dungey isnt fast enough is full of it and has never seen the guy ride, he just looks like he's not up to par because he doesnt have that aggresive nature about him. When he gets tired of being pushed around in SX he will be one hell of a force in that series as well.

Dungeys strength is his ability to be consistent. His speed is not the best but it is top 3-5 every darn race. His best asset is that RMZ. That thing looked like it worked really really good. Makes me want to check one out and I know the production ones are the bottom of the quality list. At least they used to be.

Chad Reed won Hangtown last year too...look where that got him.

just because reed got the best of him in the second moto doesnt mean much, dungey can dig deep. hes smart you cant win a championship on the first race. they are still feeling ings out,he will have plenty of moto wins.

Yeah and just because Dungey passed Villopoto at Hangtown does not mean he will at every race. Villopoto was not showing his best last weekend.

I just hope all three keep up these battles all season long, with Dungey coming out the champ again of course.

Dungeys strength is his ability to be consistent. His speed is not the best but it is top 3-5 every darn race. His best asset is that RMZ. That thing looked like it worked really really good. Makes me want to check one out and I know the production ones are the bottom of the quality list. At least they used to be.

Used to be.

Quality got good on the 250s in 07 and the 450s in 06.

Dungey is only 21, has won one of every championship in motocross and in supercross in both the Lites and Big bikes. The dude has nothing more really to prove except longevity, like Windham, Wey and Reed. The Dunge is great to watch, smooth, consistent, and really fast. And so humble it's almost nauseating. Yep, I am a big fan if Dungey.

Dungey's style definitely favors the outdoors at this point in his career. I'm not a huge RD fan, but he deserves the respect of us fans because he already has it from his fellow riders. It'll be interesting to watch CR, RD, RV and when TC comes back, there's another that can run with them. The more, the merrier! I say bring on Stewart, Cairoli, DeSalle, Philliparts...etc. etc.

Freestone Bound :smirk:

Dinger has worked his way up to the top of the list to watch out for. I don't think he got alot of respect for winning last year because alot of the heavy hitters were out. Also I don't think he had the skills or speed to win last year in a stacked house but he did win regardless and worked hard and got himself to the level he is at today fully capable to be top contender No matter who else is at the gate

Very worthy champion. Very much a contender this season. He was the only one in SX where a mechanical DNF lost him the championship, not poor riding choices. He will win more championships.

Roger D The MAN knows a thing or two, Dungey is his guy

Vanilla is the best way to describe him, nothing worth getting excited over. He is bland on and off the track.

he deff. has what it takes to win championships .... and there are a hand full of others that do as well , so for the next few years the championships are going to be well earned :smirk:

yeah I`m a big suzuki fan and a Dungey fan, he will take the championship this year, he just isn`t suited for the Supercross tracks, and you have to remember he gets faster or stays the same speed during a race as everyone else starts slow, I think he is the best condition racer out there right now. and I like he is low keyed not running his mouth like some guys.:smirk:

Yep, I am looking forward to another good season. I agree with others here that Dungey's approach is more suited to outdoors. His be fit, be consistent, first finish before you can finish first, and let the other riders make the mistakes approach works better with the rough outdoor tracks and longer motos. Also, I doubt Reed and 'poto will be push overs this summer as well.

BTW, there has never been an "unworthy champion" in AMA pro MX and SX.