Shorai battery

New Lithium Iron Shorai should be on my doorstep when I get home today. Been reading a lot of good comments about the cranking power and light weight of these batteries. Did not see anything here that others are using them in their X. I know they are much smaller so I'll need to shim the mounting but but besides that any opinions/experiences? My second Yuasa is dead dead dead.

New Lithium Iron Shorai should be on my doorstep when I get home today. Been reading a lot of good comments about the cranking power and light weight of these batteries. Did not see anything here that others are using them in their X. I know they are much smaller so I'll need to shim the mounting but but besides that any opinions/experiences? My second Yuasa is dead dead dead.

You'll like it. Have one in my WR. I noticed a big difference in being able to throw the bike around. The Shorai comes with the shimming foam stuff. Takes all of 10 seconds to do!

Who did you guys order the Shorai batteries from?

Who did you guys order the Shorai batteries from?

Just bought mine from Blais Racing service:

http://www.blaisracingservices.com/

Chris and Patty Blais are great people and are involved in all types of desert racing, notable the National Hare & Hound Assoc.

We've been waiting for these batteries to come in since February, they just got their shipment yesterday.

I've had one for a few months now...been through Baja with it, and a few other rides. So far, no complaints.

Ordered from Shorai directly.

Ordered from Shorai directly.

+1 :smirk:

I've also tested mine at night with dual hid's and no issues :smirk:

Got it yesterday, installed in about 1/2 hour (a beer or two as I admired its light weight). Since it comes with all the neat foam shims I was able to replicate the original battery size perfectly.

Hit the button and it fired IMMEDIATELY. My bike has never fired up as easy as it does now. Can't wait to ride it this weekend, been a few weeks since it's seen the dirt. Sure hope it will allow me to do dead engine starts in gear, that would be the icing on the cake.

Has anyone found it from an online retailer outside of California?

I just searched Motosport and RockyMTN and neither site has it.

Which Battery?

You might want to call them. Sounds like the importer just received/shipped them from over seas. I know Chaparral did not have them in stock earlier this week. Blais received them on Wednesday and shipped some out the same day. There were about 15 of us waiting patiently for these babies, it was worth the wait I think.

Thanks for the info, Nayther. I've been watching the threads on these batteries for awhile.

I need to order 4 batteries so I'd like to get a break on sales tax and free shipping so I'll wait for one of the big out-of-state e-tailers to get them.

Thanks for the info, Nayther. I've been watching the threads on these batteries for awhile.

I need to order 4 batteries so I'd like to get a break on sales tax and free shipping so I'll wait for one of the big out-of-state e-tailers to get them.

Did you call Rocky? I'll bet most everyone has them by now. Blais is a smaller company and if they got theirs I would think someone like Rocky or Motosport would have them as well. Don't do like I did a few months ago and procrastinate, you might miss out.

If you don't mind saying, what's the cost of these batterys?

Stemming from this thread;

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954169

I found that they were talking about the terminals being on the wrong sides.... yet, that was proven to be incorrect.

It's this brand, that has them on the wrong sides;

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-5630/BALLISTIC-LITHIUM-BATTERY-100-dsh-011/Detail

a207920131afe5345a48e1_m.jpg

YET... it has 275 cold cranking amps. 65 more than the Shorai!

My local shop has the Evo2, but I think I'll opt for the direct replacement that's a few bucks less (the Shorai).

I think I'll opt for the direct replacement that's a few bucks less (the Shorai).

You will like it :busted: Also good info...good to see competition in the market place!

I hear they increase the power on the bike too! :busted:

I hear they increase the power on the bike too! :busted:

Yea, just like upgrading your Johnson Rod or going to sealed type muffler bearings, good for 3-5 HP. :busted:

Shorai is comparably priced to an OEM replacement these days. The only way to crank....lol