Sign in to follow this  

Pro Circuit Link installed on 2011

Does anyone have the pc link on their 2011 bike ?

thanks,

Thinking about getting one.

Also Thinking about a Rekluse clutch.

going to try cr500 springs in the stocker first.

Did the juddger spring removal already, still fades in 10 minutes.

:smirk:

The stock link is the same spec as the PC. So you will not have any advantage.

Here's a simple fix for the clutch:

Remove the judder spring and toss it

Remove 2 fiber disks from your clutch pack.

One should be where the judder spring was.

The second can be the last outer fiber.

Replace those with 2 Honda part # 22201-MEB-670. Which is from a 07 CR450R.

You can also use the Hinson Fiber kit part # FP154-8-001 which is better but not necessary. (Use this option if you're replacing all of your fibers due to wear)

Order the Hinson HD spring kit part number CS389-4-001 and use 2 of the springs diagonally across from each other.

Put it all back together.

There you go. We run this setup for 20+ 2 moto's with no clutch fade

The stock link is the same spec as the PC. So you will not have any advantage.

Not sure about yours....but my PC link is longer than the stock one. The drop was noticable when trying to get the stand under it also.

Check the Merge knuckle out. I put it on my 11 before I even rode it. I rode an 11 without it a few weeks ago and couldn't believe the diffence. Without the front end was all over the place when diving into corners. Big difference.

Not sure about yours....but my PC link is longer than the stock one. The drop was noticable when trying to get the stand under it also.

Same here, it dropped the rear when fully extended .13 inch.

Thanks,

I got some older CR 500 springs I'm going to try.

Removed the judder spring already, that helped.

Now I'm confused about the link ?

I know the 11 stock is longer than the 10, so I will have

to find out about the 11 from Pro Circuit.

I Called PC, they said the stock is 143mm and the pc is 145. Diffrent from the 09 and 10 CRF's.

This is the response I got from one aftermarket company when inquiring about running a link from an 09 on my 11 that I had sitting around:

The 2011 went the opposite direction of what the links do. The ride height is the same as 2009, but the initial leverage starts even softer than 2009, which makes it more wallowy.

You can use your 2009 aftermarket link on your 2011, it will lower the bike almost 15mm. So run your sag at 102-104mm, and it works well.

The links change the shock curve, making the bike feel soft in the first part of the stroke, then stiff in the middle and then blow through the final part of the stroke. That's why I went with the Merge Racing Knuckle. It get's the rear of the bike down without the adverse effect of the linkage arms.

This is the response I got from one aftermarket company when inquiring about running a link from an 09 on my 11 that I had sitting around:

The 2011 went the opposite direction of what the links do. The ride height is the same as 2009, but the initial leverage starts even softer than 2009, which makes it more wallowy.

You can use your 2009 aftermarket link on your 2011, it will lower the bike almost 15mm. So run your sag at 102-104mm, and it works well.

The links change the shock curve, making the bike feel soft in the first part of the stroke, then stiff in the middle and then blow through the final part of the stroke. That's why I went with the Merge Racing Knuckle. It get's the rear of the bike down without the adverse effect of the linkage arms.

Hate to sound stupid, but what is a merge knuckle,

Is it just the linkage ?

thanks,

( went to Merge website, got my answer. Finding out is they have the part for a 2011 ? Not on their site. )

Edited by spmx43
add info

We just had the suspension dialed in at Factory Connection. They recommended the stock link. And said their link for the 09-10 is the same spec Honda put on the 11.

They told me the exact opposite....that if I put the 09-10 that it would sit like a chopper. :smirk:

All I know is that I put one on(PC linkarm) and it balanced my 2011 nicely...:smirk:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 33KTM350
      I just bought a Magura hydraulic clutch for my 2014 CRF450R.  Bought it thinking install would be easy, and I'm not sure that's the case now that I have the product in my hands.  I have searched the forums, YouTube, etc for install help specifically for my model year (2013 and 2014 are same really), and haven't found anything specific for the 2013-2014 model install at all.  Instructions from Magura are TERRIBLE, and are not specific at all to the Honda - generic instructions - so I'm debating if I want to return the product, cuz I don't want trouble or a big install job.  Question: for the 2013-2014 CRF450R install ONLY of a Magura Hymec hydraulic clutch - other model years are different and thus it won't be helpful for other model years - do you have any tips or feedback?  My concerns are below...
      1.  The 2014 model has a sleeve behind the clutch actuation arm that the Magura clutch slave cylinder fits into.  Stock, the sleeve holds one end of the cable, with a nut on the other end to keep the cable end tight in the sleeve.  The Magura slave cylinder, however, slides into the mounting sleeve  - but does NOT have a nut: the tension from the clutch actuation arm pulling on the metal Magura slave cyl tip end is apparently supposed to keep the Magura slave cylinder tight in the mounting sleeve.  Q: Will the Magura slave fit in to the mounting sleeve easily, stay tight, and is there any adjustment needed in order to keep the 4-6mm of freeplay that Magura recommends?  How easy is it to get the Magura slave fitted into the sleeve and the metal tip in place?  Is there enough freeplay between slave and tip end to mount in actuating arm AND the holding sleeve, so that the holding sleeve doesn't need to be unbolted?  
      2. The stock clutch cable and OEM setup runs out of the mounting sleeve (see pics marked "metal starts", and then runs through a metal sleeve that routes the cable through the engine compartment - keeping the cable away from the hot parts of the engine case, so as not to melt the cable insulation (I believe).  That metal sleeve is about 6-8 inches in length.  The Magura clutch cable, on the other hand, exits the Magura slave cylinder at an angle - yet has no such metal routing.  I don't think the OEM metal routing sleeve will accept the Magura cable either, so a) the OEM metal routing sleeve would have to be removed first before installing the Magura - and then b) you have to hope that the Magura cable can be routed in such a way with zip ties holding the hydraulic line that line will not touch or be close to the hot metal engine casing as you route it through the engine.  Q: how easy was it to get the OEM clutch cable and metal routing sleeve out?  Easy as unscrewing the nut on the other end of the OEM cable, on the other side of the black rubber cable flange in my pics?   
      3.  My stock clutch pull isn't bad.  I just like the feel of a hydro clutch.  Any feedback on how much better feeling and easier pull will be with the Magura?  What's your feedback on the difference?  FYI, I'm leaving my clutch plates and springs stock.    

• By Eric Blasiman
      We have a 2016 CRF450R with about 11 hours out. never ridden hard always check the oil and change when needed along with the air filter. Took care of the recall that was required as well. Well when riding the bike was stalled out. Went to try and kick start the bike again. the kick start lever just back up jamming my knee into the handle bars and some how ended up cracking the case right by where the kick start goes through the case. Has any one had this happen or heard of this happening? What is the cause? 
    • By crfjunky1320
      Any advice on what should be replaced while I have the top end off for a valve replacement. Will do headgasket and springs of course, anything other parts you would recommend while I'm going at it?

Thanks!
    • By Ron Whitfeld
      The dirtbike is on it's forth year right now on the same motor job. I have to jump start it. Is it worth me trading for a 2009 650 brute force with7000 miles? Need some expert advice. Thanks 
    • By Lucas Hansen
      Just wondering what you guys do to remove black marks on your seat. My 08 crf450r has the red/black seat, and after each ride there are some black marks on the red from my riding pants. Not scuff marks, more like patches of black residue from my pants rubbing on the seat. I’ve tried the magic eraser which seemed to do the trick, but lately they seem like they aren’t coming off. Also tried scrubbing bubbles with a brush and no luck. Not too worried cuz I have an spare OEM seat, but I’d like to keep this one nice. Any ideas? Maybe I shouldn’t wear black pants?