Pro Circuit Link installed on 2011

The stock link is the same spec as the PC. So you will not have any advantage.

Here's a simple fix for the clutch:

Remove the judder spring and toss it

Remove 2 fiber disks from your clutch pack.

One should be where the judder spring was.

The second can be the last outer fiber.

Replace those with 2 Honda part # 22201-MEB-670. Which is from a 07 CR450R.

You can also use the Hinson Fiber kit part # FP154-8-001 which is better but not necessary. (Use this option if you're replacing all of your fibers due to wear)

Order the Hinson HD spring kit part number CS389-4-001 and use 2 of the springs diagonally across from each other.

Put it all back together.

There you go. We run this setup for 20+ 2 moto's with no clutch fade

The stock link is the same spec as the PC. So you will not have any advantage.

Not sure about yours....but my PC link is longer than the stock one. The drop was noticable when trying to get the stand under it also.

Check the Merge knuckle out. I put it on my 11 before I even rode it. I rode an 11 without it a few weeks ago and couldn't believe the diffence. Without the front end was all over the place when diving into corners. Big difference.

Thanks,

I got some older CR 500 springs I'm going to try.

Removed the judder spring already, that helped.

Now I'm confused about the link ?

I know the 11 stock is longer than the 10, so I will have

to find out about the 11 from Pro Circuit.

I Called PC, they said the stock is 143mm and the pc is 145. Diffrent from the 09 and 10 CRF's.

This is the response I got from one aftermarket company when inquiring about running a link from an 09 on my 11 that I had sitting around:

The 2011 went the opposite direction of what the links do. The ride height is the same as 2009, but the initial leverage starts even softer than 2009, which makes it more wallowy.

You can use your 2009 aftermarket link on your 2011, it will lower the bike almost 15mm. So run your sag at 102-104mm, and it works well.

The links change the shock curve, making the bike feel soft in the first part of the stroke, then stiff in the middle and then blow through the final part of the stroke. That's why I went with the Merge Racing Knuckle. It get's the rear of the bike down without the adverse effect of the linkage arms.

This is the response I got from one aftermarket company when inquiring about running a link from an 09 on my 11 that I had sitting around:

The 2011 went the opposite direction of what the links do. The ride height is the same as 2009, but the initial leverage starts even softer than 2009, which makes it more wallowy.

You can use your 2009 aftermarket link on your 2011, it will lower the bike almost 15mm. So run your sag at 102-104mm, and it works well.

The links change the shock curve, making the bike feel soft in the first part of the stroke, then stiff in the middle and then blow through the final part of the stroke. That's why I went with the Merge Racing Knuckle. It get's the rear of the bike down without the adverse effect of the linkage arms.

Hate to sound stupid, but what is a merge knuckle,

Is it just the linkage ?

thanks,

( went to Merge website, got my answer. Finding out is they have the part for a 2011 ? Not on their site. )

Edited by spmx43
add info