Dungeys bike looks good

I am a Honda lover and this is the first time I have ever been to the Yellow section, ever. Watching Dungey makes me think that his bike works really, really good. I know it is a factory bike with little resemblance to the production bikes but it makes me wonder. Do the stock production bikes work anything like his bike? I know I can win the Vet Novice class on Dungeys bike. Hah!

I'm sure they do.....

The 11' RMZ is pretty much spot on...! I rode one again last week Vs my 09' and they feel almost the same other then the 11' just seems to feel so much more refined.

The couple of years of tweaks made it near perfect, if you can not ride the 11' RMZ good then maybe someone should take up knitting. :smirk:

Have ridden the 2011 too, with some suspension personalizing that thing is an awesome ride straight up. re-valve and exhaust its factory.

Have ridden the 2011 too, with some suspension personalizing that thing is an awesome ride straight up. re-valve and exhaust its factory.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smirk:

i saw Dundays MXDN bike up close on display at the chicago motorcycle show- it was a work of art- very stock and simple looking, nothing bolted on extra apart from the skid plate but many of the parts were cast magnesium and all the hardware was Ti. i am sure it was light, but it was bolted to the stand.

OEM linkage

5457801332_66310d3c33.jpg

extra adjuster on the throttle

5457798350_f632312016.jpg

cast magnesium engine covers

5457191319_032978dcef.jpg

OEM radiators and hoses

5457192267_dcb7bc406e.jpg

cast hubs and brake caliper- probably magnesium too

5457797494_10bbfea41a.jpg

billet machined brake lever with reach adjuster- no slop in this!

5457796768_6769ebcd29.jpg

5457189533_76f0021b0b.jpg

magnesium hubs, works suspension

5457795692_83f35d7ecd.jpg

5457187923_18e28361d8.jpg

5457187355_367b1fd650.jpg

cam tensioner

5457793550_3ef4d489c8.jpg

the pipe looked just like my system

5457792998_6685d22360.jpg

5457184403_b29b4fbef5.jpg

5457183289_dcd7d9ae50_z.jpg

5457182617_069584ece5.jpg

not what i would call stock looking.???

but if thats what you can see on the out side, imagine the work done on the inside...

What the heck happened at Free Stone. He was smoking the field and then coasted to a stop with a lap to go. Ran out of gas maybe?

Lookin good only gets you so far eh

Forks are aluminum..........

I am a Honda lover and this is the first time I have ever been to the Yellow section, ever. Watching Dungey makes me think that his bike works really, really good. I know it is a factory bike with little resemblance to the production bikes but it makes me wonder. Do the stock production bikes work anything like his bike? I know I can win the Vet Novice class on Dungeys bike. Hah!

I just made the switch a couple of days ago, I rode a 2007 crf450 and just got a 2011 RMZ 450. I have not rode the RMZ yet but when I do Ill write a comparison on both the bikes and let you now my 2 cents. I ride mostly track, desert, and trails every now and than. Here is a video of the track I ride at so you can see what kind of riding I do. Sorry about the music if you dont like it

http://vimeo.com/16686190

its a work of art

What the heck happened at Free Stone. He was smoking the field and then coasted to a stop with a lap to go. Ran out of gas maybe?

Word on the "street" is that the motor went boom! But i find it hard to believe seeing how the bike seemed to be running perfect. I saw no smoke, or error in his riding at all before he coasted to a stop. I'm sure we will hear soon. One thing i know is..had i just got done running 30 minutes of a race in that heat leading a race and then i ran into a mechanical failure..my mechanic would have been pushing it..NOT ME! Well..if i were Dungey that is..obviously i have to push my own bike. haha. I was definitely surprised to see him pushing his own bike after that..but then again, that just goes to show you what type of rider/person Ryan Dungey is. Has been and probably always will be my favorite rider. Whether he held the number 1 plate or not..He is an all around good guy, we need more people like that in the sport. And before we get into the "dungey needs a new mechanic.." like everyone always says..lets not forget that Goose Gosselar is most definitely one of the best mechanics in the game.

The honda teams were swapping brand new motors between motos. Grueling conditions..and it was super hot. K-Dub blew his bike up. I wish Suzuki would have switched motors too, he had a 22 second lead on Reed when the bike failed. But..what can ya do? Part of the sport, cant win them all!

Word on the "street" is that the motor went boom! But i find it hard to believe seeing how the bike seemed to be running perfect. I saw no smoke, or error in his riding at all before he coasted to a stop. I'm sure we will hear soon. One thing i know is..had i just got done running 30 minutes of a race in that heat leading a race and then i ran into a mechanical failure..my mechanic would have been pushing it..NOT ME! Well..if i were Dungey that is..obviously i have to push my own bike. haha. I was definitely surprised to see him pushing his own bike after that..but then again, that just goes to show you what type of rider/person Ryan Dungey is. Has been and probably always will be my favorite rider. Whether he held the number 1 plate or not..He is an all around good guy, we need more people like that in the sport. And before we get into the "dungey needs a new mechanic.." like everyone always says..lets not forget that Goose Gosselar is most definitely one of the best mechanics in the game.

The honda teams were swapping brand new motors between motos. Grueling conditions..and it was super hot. K-Dub blew his bike up. I wish Suzuki would have switched motors too, he had a 22 second lead on Reed when the bike failed. But..what can ya do? Part of the sport, cant win them all!

The Suzuki press report says that the fuel boiled and vented too much causing him to run out, i have seen riders run out before when riding in deep sand he must be gutted. Max Biaggi also ran out at Donnington park once

I read somewhere that he pushed his bike to make sure he was'nt disqualified for outside assistance, once he was fine, Goose took over.

His bike did not blow up, you can see him kicking it.

Beautiful pictures and inspiring dialogue. Suzuki has improved since Carmichael and DeCoster took over.

The Suzuki press report says that the fuel boiled and vented too much causing him to run out, i have seen riders run out before when riding in deep sand he must be gutted. Max Biaggi also ran out at Donnington park once

Yep, he ran out of gas. Happens i guess, but it would be a real crappy way to lose a race with a 20+ second lead.