Sign in to follow this  

Best Whip Mount

Although the sand season is coming to an end in Dumont/Glamis. I'm a newbie to my 450x and I'm looking for the best whip mount. I've seen the ones that loop on the rear fender, but I'm looking for the one that fits under the fender and come out the left side. Unless anyone has any other mounts that work better?

I have one like the seat/fender flag mount at the bottom of the link page.

http://sandwizard.net/

Mine is anodized and was made by a company called Flick. the same design but I couldnt find the link.

Thanks bigbubba76. Do you happen to have a pic of it installed?

Yeah, I think its bad enough when I ride out to superstition from Ocotillo. And thats only a single sand mountain in the middle of hard desert. Plus I got my first riding flat ever in those dunes from a buried rock. Happy ending is that I went TuBliss front and back after that.

Nothing makes me cringe more than the thought of a perfectly good 450x being tortured in the dunes :smirk:

I happen to agree with you.I cringe everytime I do it.However my CR500 delivers the exact opposite feeling.

Thanks bigbubba76. Do you happen to have a pic of it installed?

Its anodized black with a blue quick release flag mount so its a little hard to see in this picture.You can see how it mounts with the left side seat bolt and then is bolted to the rear fender.

CR500-006.jpg

Thanks Bubba76. A cr500 will probably be my next purchase just for the dunes, but for now my x will have to take the abuse...