Sign in to follow this  

Big night - FCR &MRD SSW install

Im pretty pumped about tonight I plan on installing my fcr which I got from eddie along withmy new mrd ssw pipe. I believe I'm all set part wise with what they came with. I shouldn't need anything extra should I? Anyway I'll have to post some pictures once I'm done with it. These are the first power moss ill be putting on so I cant wait to wake this bike up.

You are going to love it! Advise, take off the stock exhaust and don't put new one on until the carb is installed.

Done! Install was fairly easy - if you look at the bike a minute you can pretty easily figure out how the whole system works. Getting the air boot to seat right on the new carb was a bitch though. The bike sounds amazing now!

Sucks though because I overtightened the trottle cable during the install and snapped it half way down the screw. Its seated well enough to rew but im in no way comfortable riding it like that. All the part shops around here wont get any in until next tueday...

Any idea how I can rework this so its rideable for the time being? The pull (bent) cable snapped about half way down the threading.

Not sure if it'll work but see if the return cable will fit.

Thats my first option. My second is to take up welding. Lol

this is a emergence if some one near this guy has a throttle cable he needs one now. this is a emergency.
What a Bummer. Looking forward to the ride report. Good luck with the fix.

Haha, it sucked but luckily I broke it with enough thread on the remaining piece so it could be clamped onto the throttle housing without any issues. I'll give you guys a full ride report later because I've only done a lap or two around the block but so far so good.

Should I order a replacement cable and just use this for now or do you think this will hold up?

p5280129.jpg

Notice the bottom cable has a break right before it meets the housing. I zip tied the elbow part down and I cannot see any movement there at all but there may be friction, I'm not too sure.

Also I ripped out the top cable - From what I've read that shouldn't be an issue either.

if you could find a tall nut you could cut a slot in it so it can go over the cable and replace the top nut , and that would hold the broken tube together

if you could find a tall nut you could cut a slot in it so it can go over the cable and replace the top nut , and that would hold the broken tube together

Good idea. I was thinking how I could fit a nut over that but didn't think of that. oh wait... I remembered the other problem I have no idea what size the current nut or bolt is. Hmm does anyone know?

Looks like you have it mounted wrong. Shouldn't those motor mounts be both mounted together on the left side side of the frame ? Looks like you have them on either side of the frame.

Looks like you have it mounted wrong. Shouldn't those motor mounts be both mounted together on the left side side of the frame ? Looks like you have them on either side of the frame.

I was planning on doing that but it actually fit fine without moving it once I positioned the throttle cables right. Unfortunately I overtightened it and that's where the problems started. I guess if I decide to get a new throttle cable I should do that. It'll probably make it way easier to install anyway.

Yeah, I've got a 39mm FCR with Hotcams and a 435 BB kit, MCCT, 3x3 mod with MRD-SSW pipe, Brembo Caliper and master cylinder with 320mm rotor, CFR450 rear master cylinder upgrade... all in the garage waiting to get installed. problem is, I've only got 200 miles on her. Need to break her in first. Gonna ship my forks and Shock to Eddie to have them resprung and revalved for my weight. Cant wait to get it all done.

Yeah, I've got a 39mm FCR with Hotcams and a 435 BB kit, MCCT, 3x3 mod with MRD-SSW pipe, Brembo Caliper and master cylinder with 320mm rotor, CFR450 rear master cylinder upgrade... all in the garage waiting to get installed. problem is, I've only got 200 miles on her. Need to break her in first. Gonna ship my forks and Shock to Eddie to have them resprung and revalved for my weight. Cant wait to get it all done.

at 200 miles its already broken in.

Good idea. I was thinking how I could fit a nut over that but didn't think of that. oh wait... I remembered the other problem I have no idea what size the current nut or bolt is. Hmm does anyone know?

looks like 6mm 1.0

Mine had a slip on, rejet, hand guards, all the emissions crap removed and decent tires on it before the first mile was put on it.

at 200 miles its already broken in.

Just what I need to hear!!!

Gonna get started then:banana: