best upgrades for 2001 yz250f

I just bought a used 2001 yz25f in perfect condition about 2 months ago. I love the power but was wondering what i could get for it to get some. I already set up my suspension so dont tell me that, i already have a procircuit exhaust, but stock header. I was definately considering a hotcams exhaust stage 1 cam, but what else should i get??

Are all the free mods done? Get a set of hot cams not just the exhaust. There is always a big bore!!

big bore is too expensive, I'm only 15 i'm on a tight budget, just looking for the best upgrades for the money but what free upgrades are there?

And do you need the hot cams installation kit to install the hotcams camshafts, or does it just help???

Sorry at first I thought it read WR250F. My bad. No free mods for your ride. I think installation kit is just shims. You don't need the kit if your valves are within spec.

OK, but i still need to know some good performance upgrades. I was thinking an FMF Megabomb header, boyesen quick shot 2, boyesen supercooler. Are these good parts

get it jetted right. thats always a good start. does it have a gripper seat cover? the stock seat cover is crap. put a 46 tooth sprocket on the back, this bike loves to rev

i am looking for performance mods, not seat covers.

But i dont want to change the sprockets because i like the way power is distributed for hill climbs and don't want to mess with that

Any good power boosters that you know of?????

Megabomb you might not feel much if any performance gain. Quickshot isn't needed if the bike is jetted correctly and I don't know much about the supercooler

see if u can find carbon fiber airbox and carburetor bell, really woke up my 01 wr

Megabomb you might not feel much if any performance gain. Quickshot isn't needed if the bike is jetted correctly and I don't know much about the supercooler

My bike came with mega bomb. bought an OEM exhaust header to be sure the mega bomb did something. more low end torque here IMO. Still runnin' the mega bomb. :smirk:

However, I'd invest in the cams, head porting, and/or a JD jet kit before a mega bomb.

What's a carbon fiber air box suppose to do?

Exactly, i have no idea and think that guys on crack. As of right now the last investment I'm going to make is going to be Hot Cams Exhaust Cam

Now just one question: will just the exhaust make that much of a difference or should i get both? and what stage should i get of each?

Whatever you do let us know how it performs.