footpeg?

Looking for some wider footpegs for 85 to 87 xr600. Has anybody ever tried to fab some or maybe a brand name that will fit. Seems everybody that makes them start at 88 and up. Any help would be great.:smirk:

I made the pegs wider on my 650L ..... it was real easy too.

I just took some 1" strap metal and bent it in to a (6inch?) "U" shape around a piece of 1 3/4 tubing.

I then took some smaller pieces of metal and made small "stand off's" so I could weld the "U" around the outside of the stock pegs

make sence?

Theres pictures here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888380&highlight=

Thanks kyron. Thought of doing something like that, looks good

Looking for some wider footpegs for 85 to 87 xr600. Has anybody ever tried to fab some or maybe a brand name that will fit. Seems everybody that makes them start at 88 and up. Any help would be great.:smirk:

Bastard child of bikes (same as my 85 XR350), NOTHING made for them....

Been looking for years and have bought 3 or 4 pairs to see if I could make them work.

Only with substantial modification. :smirk:

Hey,I bought some of the Works Connection peg extensions for about 30 bucks on e-bay.I use these on all my bikes..Here is the pegs on my 08 Wr250X..I used the same ones on my L..They are weld on and I dipped them in rubber tool coating..Seems to hold up real well..Paul

xr650lbars002.jpg

The Chinese footpegs sold for XR250, XR600 and XR650 on FleaBay work great. They are only $20. I have had a set on my bike for about a year now and love em.

i had stock crf450 footpegs laying around, it took some grinding and drilling but was pretty easy to do. bikes a 83 xl600r btw.

The Chinese footpegs sold for XR250, XR600 and XR650 on FleaBay work great. They are only $20. I have had a set on my bike for about a year now and love em.

You gotta love those Chinese, they're better capitalist than we are.:smirk:

I made the pegs wider on my 650L ..... it was real easy too.

I just took some 1" strap metal and bent it in to a (6inch?) "U" shape around a piece of 1 3/4 tubing.

I then took some smaller pieces of metal and made small "stand off's" so I could weld the "U" around the outside of the stock pegs

make sence?

Theres pictures here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888380&highlight=

i like the added touch of the smiley face on the end of the peg:thumbsup:

OTHER XR pegs do NOT fit the 85 XR's.

i had stock crf450 footpegs laying around, it took some grinding and drilling but was pretty easy to do. bikes a 83 xl600r btw.

83 is not the same mounts as 85.

You gotta love those Chinese, they're better capitalist than we are.:smirk:

Except their metal is total SHIT :smirk: