How much did you pay for your 530exc?

I've always been a honda guy. I've bought a few honda 450's brand new, but I'm thinking of going to a dual sport and have been looking at a 530EXC. I know what I can get a Honda OTD for, but KTM's are more expensive, and I've heard you can't work a deal as easily.

So...How much did you pay for your 530 EXC?

Please include year, state, when you purchased, and out the door price.

in California, 9,896.57 OTD, that was including California Sales tax & license everything complete ..

I asked 3 of the local dealers to submitt quotes, they really didnt seem to motivated so I waited until the LAST day of the month, I walked in, asked for the sales mgr, who I had talked too before about the bike, she asked me what would it take for me to take the bike that day? I said I just want your best deal OTD, I have purchased bikes from you before, you lost the last 3 sales to other dealers because you guys would'nt move.. She said let her talk to her boss, she came back, with that price, OTD, no setup, no fee's...

I felt like I got a pretty good deal, I got the bike OTD below MSRP and the tag they had on the bike was like 11k after setup and fee's and freight ...

The other dealers were higher, so I felt I got a good deal on a great bike.

WOW! When did you purchase it and what year is the bike? I paid 5700 for my 09 crf450 OTD in march of 2010

I paid $8500 for my 09' in April 2010 in Vernal, UT.

I paid $8500 for my 09' in April 2010 in Vernal, UT.

8500 is getting closer. I was hoping to get an older model, but brand new, for 7000-7500 OTD. Not impossible considering I got the crf for 5700 otd and the msrp was 8200.

8500 is getting closer. I was hoping to get an older model, but brand new, for 7000-7500 OTD. Not impossible considering I got the crf for 5700 otd and the msrp was 8200.

I didn't get much of a deal at all on mine considering it was already a year old when I bought it and they wouldn't warrant the oil leaking (valve) issues.

I'd shy away from the 08's and 09's for that reason if I were you, I'd go for a '10 ... You can probably still find the '10's for ~$8,000 or so then not have to deal with oil burning issues.

I just picked up an 0-10 530exc Champions Edition :smirk: for 6900 :smirk: still in the crate from my buddys shop in Fla. Plus the 300 to ship it and Ca regs I should be around 8000 total.

I just picked up an 0-10 530exc Champions Edition :smirk: for 6900 :smirk: still in the crate from my buddys shop in Fla. Plus the 300 to ship it and Ca regs I should be around 8000 total.

Do you have to pay Ca taxes on that?

2009 530 exc. 7800.00 for the bike. I had to pay NV tax and registration when I got it home. So 8650.00 total.

I paid $8500 for a 2010 530 EXC in CA w/ 4 yr extended warranty. It was from a private owner had only 20 miles, and a few nice upgrades: MSR guards, JD kit, Jetting kit, Aftermarket seat, and a few other goodies.

More than I wanted to spend, but couldn't be happier.

The only drawback is I know I'm going to get a ticket sooner or later for wheelies around town.

I didn't get much of a deal at all on mine considering it was already a year old when I bought it and they wouldn't warrant the oil leaking (valve) issues.

I'd shy away from the 08's and 09's for that reason if I were you, I'd go for a '10 ... You can probably still find the '10's for ~$8,000 or so then not have to deal with oil burning issues.

Thanks for the info. Did they redesign the head on the 2010's to stop that?

Thanks for the info. Did they redesign the head on the 2010's to stop that?

Based on all the information I've gleaned it from here and KTMtalk, it wasn't so much of a design issue as it was a manufacturing issue .... But, I've never read anything about the '10+ bikes burning oil.

2009 530exc left over, $7000 OTD tax title and fees in central FL

2009 530exc left over, $7000 OTD tax title and fees in central FL

There we go...Now I wonder if I can get a '10 for 7500 OTD

Do you have to pay Ca taxes on that?

Yes, sir!

In april 2011 I paid 5400 OTD for a 2008 EXC-R 530. That included CA taxes, fees, registration, etc.

In april 2011 I paid 5400 OTD for a 2008 EXC-R 530. That included CA taxes, fees, registration, etc.

That sounds imposible for a new one from a dealer.

Around Sacramento $10k OTD for a new 09 530exc from a dealer last winter. I was offered a left over 08 from a dealer in Oregon for $7,200 + CA tax when I regiested it.

I ended up a 07 wih 300 miles for $5,500.

That sounds imposible for a new one from a dealer.

Around Sacramento $10k OTD for a new 09 530exc from a dealer last winter. I was offered a left over 08 from a dealer in Oregon for $7,200 + CA tax when I regiested it.

I ended up a 07 wih 300 miles for $5,500.

All depends on the dealer. I've bought a few bikes just by walking in and telling them what I want to pay. If they don't accept then I go to the next place. That's my plan for this KTM. I just need to find a resonable price to offer, and right now I'm thinking 7500 OTD for a '10 is possible. If not, then I'll wait a few months and try again.

It wasn't a new leftover 2008, it was used with a couple thousand miles on it. I still thought it was a good deal for 5400 OTD.

All depends on the dealer. I've bought a few bikes just by walking in and telling them what I want to pay. If they don't accept then I go to the next place. That's my plan for this KTM. I just need to find a resonable price to offer, and right now I'm thinking 7500 OTD for a '10 is possible. If not, then I'll wait a few months and try again.

I buy cars/truck new the same way.. I get the dealer invoice and offer a few hundred over that. The trick is finding out the dealers cost. If you are way too low they will not even discuss a deal.