Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Bundy hill off road park in somerset,mi

Hey guys, I want bring attention to a new riding area in the southern part of lower michigan, they just had a district 14 ama hare scramble there last sunday, its a great place to ride its a gravel pit area with big hills, trails in the woods, mud bogs, drag strip, and its privately owned, no spark arrestor needed, just pay 15.00 a day to ride and put a 6 foot flag on your bike or atv and your good to go they have hot dog stand on site if you get hungry:smirk: also any kind of atv bikes and jeeps come there to have a good time and its alcohol free so there won`t be any dumb-asses riding or driving drunk :smirk: I go out there every other weekend to ride, so I just wanted to let everyone know:ride:

http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/

When I was out on the weekends helping layout the HS course it was 75% quads, 22.8% trucks and Jeeps, and the rest bikes.

The HS course ended up being really gnarly, and I'm not sure if they plan on opening it up to regular use (or attempting to keep the quads and Jeeps off of it), but if you need to ride somewhere close Bundy Hill will let you scratch that itch. The soil seems to be able to handle a ton of water too (even the clay up around the rim) so you can ride almost anytime.

You do need to run a flag though (which they have for sale at the sign-in desk) so plan ahead for a holder.

yeah I like it because I don`t have to drive 2 hours up north to ride, its like 25 mins from my house straight down US-12 from coldwater, sometimes its nice to see the jeep guys winch each other out of the mud or from roll overs:smirk:, yeah I was out riding that Saturday before the hare scramble and there was hardly and jeeps, I have been there 4 times this year and the place is plenty big enough, so everyone is not riding all over each and running into each other:ride:

Thanks for the heads up, I might just check it out myself and become part of the 2.2% of the bikes out there, lol!!!

:smirk:

How well do the jeeps and trucks play with dirt bikes? Checked out the site and it seems like they cater to these folks more so than others. Just curious, as I do want to check it out with the cost of gas and all, lol!!!

:ride:

How well do the jeeps and trucks play with dirt bikes? Checked out the site and it seems like they cater to these folks more so than others. Just curious, as I do want to check it out with the cost of gas and all, lol!!!

:ride:

they really don`t have more of one thing for the jeeps than the ATV`s, there is a lot more places for ATV`s and bikes to ride that for the jeeps, sometimes there are a groups of jeeps that come out, but they usually off some where together in the park, its plenty big enough so you don`t have to worry about being on top of each other, gas prices is why I go every other weekend its about 25 mins from my house and it beats driving all the way up north 2.5 hours, just to ride.

Again, thanks for the heads up, as you probably saved my riding season. There was just no way to justify the extra expenses of up north trips this year. With this being so close to the Metro-Detroit area, I should be able to make it 4 - 5 times and still be abe to pay all of my bills.

Thanks bro...