Sign in to follow this  

Tire size question

So what size tires does everyone run on their bikes it's time to order a new set for my 450 but can't decide between the 110 or 120 for the rear or the 80 or 90 for the front I do about 60/40 trail/track riding and I'm going to go with the mx51 but I've heard a lot about the 120 not turning as well and was just wondering how big that really is.... This is my first 450 I'm used to riding 250 2-strokes so any advise would be nice

Don't like the larger front tire, it only works better for hard pack conditions. may be why i have only seen them offered in mid to hard compounds. I also don't like the larger rear as the 4 stroke hooks up too well and the larger tire just puts alot of drive to the front. Some say they crawl out of ruts because of the width. some like them. Stick with 110

So what size tires does everyone run on their bikes it's time to order a new set for my 450 but can't decide between the 110 or 120 for the rear or the 80 or 90 for the front I do about 60/40 trail/track riding and I'm going to go with the mx51 but I've heard a lot about the 120 not turning as well and was just wondering how big that really is.... This is my first 450 I'm used to riding 250 2-strokes so any advise would be nice

What you heard about the 120 not turning is true. It could get you through an offroad ride, but on the track, I don't think you'll want to be hindered. Its noticeably different.

But, its an mx51 and they don't last long. So whatever size you get, you get to choose again in a couple of months.

I had heard the mx51s hold up better than the 756s and those used to last me a whole season on my cr250 are the 51s that bad or is it just the 450 tear them up that much more?