Sign in to follow this  

Aluminum generation frame explanation?

I have a done moderate amount of searching but have not found a clear answer. Can anyone help in describing the models and years that fall into the generation 1 through generation 5 frames. I see the terms thrown around a lot but I am bit confused on which is which. Thanks in advance!

I don't think there are 5 generations of the CRF250 that I would consider. 04 and 05 were almost identical. 06 and 07 were almost identical. 08 and 09 are almost identical. 10 and 11, same thing. So if you look at it that way, there are 4. Truly, they're all about the same with upgrades every year. So many interchangable parts up to 2010 which is when they introduced the EFI. As for the frames, there were minor changes probably every year. Sorry if this is not what you're looking for, but maybe this will jump start the thread.

I wonder if he is referring to the 2 stroke frame changes. 1997-99 were gen 1. 2000-01 were gen 2. And 2002-07 were gen 3. As for the 4 strokes I couldnt tell you what the differences are.

I wonder if he is referring to the 2 stroke frame changes. 1997-99 were gen 1. 2000-01 were gen 2. And 2002-07 were gen 3. As for the 4 strokes I couldnt tell you what the differences are.

Good question...