Motocross question?

I am wanting to attend races but i am curious,

Like say a series has started and there are 6 races races to that series,

do i have to compete in all 6 races? or can i compete in any of them?

Because 3 of the races have already past, and there are only 3 left so i was curious if i can sign up to race the last 3 or if it was already to late?

I am wanting to attend races but i am curious,

Like say a series has started and there are 6 races races to that series,

do i have to compete in all 6 races? or can i compete in any of them?

Because 3 of the races have already past, and there are only 3 left so i was curious if i can sign up to race the last 3 or if it was already to late?

almost positive you could sign up and compete. take in mind that most promotions require you to race X number of races in the series to be eligable for series end prizes like trophies and stuff. the ones up here in washington are usually "must compete in 6/8 races" style.

Thanks for the reply man,

I will call and find out,

If not i will just make the 3 races i already know for a fact i can attend,

it's just i want to race more then 3 and theres like 6 other races that are all series based, that's why i was curious,

BTW, How do you like your KX?

That's what i just got a 2001 250,

you should be able to sign up and race any individual races you want. you're probably not going to be able to do well, points wise, but i'm sure you could race as many as are left in your series.

Thanks for the reply man,

I will call and find out,

If not i will just make the 3 races i already know for a fact i can attend,

it's just i want to race more then 3 and theres like 6 other races that are all series based, that's why i was curious,

BTW, How do you like your KX?

That's what i just got a 2001 250,

love it to death! unfortunatly havent been able to ride it since the makeover. discovered my rear shock was blown so it's off being serviced as we speak. hopefully i'll have it back in time for the next series race (june 2nd).

the only thing i still don't like about it is the outdated suspension. front forks probably got one summer left on them before I need to make the swap to kxf's, and as far as the rear goes my suspension guy told me that I have maybe 1-2 more seasons on it after the service before I need to start looking into a replacement. Hard trying to find parts for a 12 year old bike!

:smirk:

You can enter those races with no problem, but like others said you most likely wont be eligable for anything at the end of the series. Not to mention, I highly doubt you'll gain enough points only running 3/6 races.

FWIW, entering a series is hard work. I did a short series one year (4 races) and every moto counts. I finished 2nd only 2 points behind 1st. Looking back, one of my motos I got a clogged main, had to limp to the finish. Probobly the difference in the series.

Yep, as they said. you can race anywhere you want as long as it's not a LLRQ (Lorreta Lynns Regional qualifier. You have to qualify in a LLAQ (area) to attend th RQ.

But we used to race 3 different series during the year. We were gone every weekend. Not we just track-hop. Race when/where ever we feel like or just hit the tracks for practice. Man, they were expensive days. Typically $2500/month.