Getting a CR in a minivan? To get to the magical hill!

Kay, so, I have a CR250, '86, fun bike, very fun places to ride that are 1/4 mile down from my house, etc...

But these random people that I talk to keep bringing up this "magical" place!! ? They say it's like sawdust/chalk/sandstone hills, you can ride ANYWHERE you want, as if it were some sand dunes! It sounds SOO FREAKING COOL!!! :prof:

Only problem, it's 10 miles away from my house...?

Doesn't sound like a lot eh? Well, I've actually been up right next to it but didn't know about it back then when I was riding a scootah.

You see, riding a CR250 for 10 miles on a highway while holding onto a 5 gallon $45 gas can is a little unrealistic, esp since you have to ride by the po-lease station.?:busted:?

So, I have only one way to get there besides begging a friend that doesn't even like motorcycles to borrow his truck. It's to get my bike in my dad's 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan???

So obviously I would take out the seats, but obviously you can't just roll it in the back.

I need some tips on how to get it back there! I don't care how imagineative you can get! I don't want to take off the wheels because 1. that's a pain. and 2. because it's a pain in the?

PLEASE let me know your ideas/experiences!

Take the bike apart and put it in. I put my 426 in the back of my Pontiac G6 when I went and bought it. If i can do that. You can get a bike in a van for sure

HOLY CRAP!?:prof: A G6? Props to you man! Bet it still was a pain in the ? though!

Take of your forks then wrap a rachet strap around your sub frame and around your swing arm and compress your tear shock

Thats the easiest way,disconnect the front brake on the bars and drop the fork legs out.Simple ?

Ive fit a bike in a minivan doing what was said above, Just take the front brake perch off the bars and leave it with the forks. loosen the bolts on the triple clamps and drop the forks out with the wheel on it. Should fit, and only take 5 min to put back together.

I would do some trials jedi manweaver and put it on top......it is an old dodge mini van, he won't mind. seriously.....have dad haul you some fuel, and push or ride that bad boy to the promise land.

If you want to ride there bad enough, you will get the bike in the minivan. The easiest, least pain in the ass way is to partially disassemble the bike and put it in the van. Take the wheels off (it really isn't a pain in the ass), drop the forks and put it in there. The nice thing is that you can pull just a bit of the bike out of the van and re-assemble it then go ride. When I bought my yz250, I disassembled it and put the entire bike in a honda prelude, that was a giant pain in the ass. My current 450 was partially disassembled and put in the back of my wife's pontiac vibe and it took less than 20 minutes to put it back together (and yes, I do have pictures of both bikes like that...).

friend of mine did this in with his o2 cr 250before he got a trailor to tow. It was a dodge grand caravan. Take out the rear seats, and actually all you have to remove is the front wheel. Then you can tie it down like you would normally in a truck from the bars to the hooks in the floor for the seats. Done.

Take the bike apart and put it in. I put my 426 in the back of my Pontiac G6 when I went and bought it. If i can do that. You can get a bike in a van for sure

10pm at night

Conversation went like this.

Stranger: I've seen you with lots of bikes around, You interested in a 86 KX250?

Me: Naw, too old. And I have no way to take it today. I'm not interested.

Stranger: How about for $60.

Me: I'll figure something out

Two hours later, it was in pieces.

One complete 1986 KX250. Room to spare in a Crown Vic!

100_0042.jpg

100_0041.jpg

• Like 1