Sign in to follow this  

Which jets and needle come in the AIS removal kit?

I've not been able to get hold of an AIS removal kit for my WR at a sensible price cos nowhere in the UK stocks them. So I was wondering if anyone knows the jets and needle that are supplied in the kit so I can buy them separately. I've already blocked off the hoses and taken off the diaphragm housing.

Jetting will depend on what you have/want to do with your bike. What type of riding, how the bike is running and where you ride will also determine your changes, if any.

I've got an 09 WR at the moment but I ran my old 06 with the AIS removal kit jets and needle and it ran really well. I assume the jets are what the stock setting should be for an engine without AIS? I've made a few changes to the jets and it runs pretty well, a little flat at the top end and slight bog off the bottom but otherwise ok, but I'd like to try a setup with the stock baseline and then tweak it from there. I'm just trying to see if I can improve it any. If I don't like it I can always put it back to where I am now.

Also the stock needle has no adjustment and I'm wondering whether it has a different profile to the one in the kit.

Well your in the UK, as am I.

I'm running my '09 WR on a 38# pilot, 178#main & 40# leak.

I use a GDEP-S needle, which I remember was leaner than the JD blue at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle but richer at initial openings.

This set up suits me but may be different for others.

The JD kit is a good option, but is not the be all and end all.

That's a surprise, that seems a lot leaner that what most people on here run.

What other jets are in there? Is there a new pilot and is there a part number on the needle? Cheers.

That's a surprise, that seems a lot leaner that what most people on here run.

What other jets are in there? Is there a new pilot and is there a part number on the needle? Cheers.

JD supplies his own needles as part of the kit. 1 x red, 1 x blue.

Well your in the UK, as am I.

I'm running my '09 WR on a 38# pilot, 178#main & 40# leak.

I use a GDEP-S needle, which I remember was leaner than the JD blue at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle but richer at initial openings.

This set up suits me but may be different for others.

The JD kit is a good option, but is not the be all and end all.

I tried a 38 pilot jet I had in the tool box but it's too lean, whereas the standard 42 is a tad rich, so I guess a 40 would be better. I'll have to order one up.

I also tried a 178 main but it was no better than the standard 170. I'm gonna try a 168 next because I'm starting to think it's rich at the top end rather than lean... will see how it goes.