Sign in to follow this  

250 sxf wont idle??

I've got a 2007 KTM 250 SXF. I was riding it, and it died like it was out of gas and now it will not run properly. It will not start normally, but if I put the choke on it fires up and idles. As soon as I turn the choke off it either shuts off right away or idles for a few seconds and then dies. If I try to rev it (with the choke off) it bogs and backfires then dies. I took out wich i think is the Main jet and Power jet and cleaned them but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

You are on the right track. You've got a fuel starvation problem. Pull the carb again and clean everything. While you have it off check that you are getting a steady flow of gas out of the fuel tank. If I had to make one guess I would head strait for the pilot jet. It's the one right beside the main jet. Also while you are in there make sure the needle and seat are not clogged.

You are on the right track. You've got a fuel starvation problem. Pull the carb again and clean everything. While you have it off check that you are getting a steady flow of gas out of the fuel tank. If I had to make one guess I would head strait for the pilot jet. It's the one right beside the main jet. Also while you are in there make sure the needle and seat are not clogged.

Ok Thanks alot ill try that!!!

Took The carb off and the needle jet circlips fell off :smirk:. Getting a JD Kit!!