Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Reed on factory Honda!

Anybody else catch what said on his 2nd hangtown speech? ''I'd like to thank factory Honda for stepping up with a bike'' Also he didn't say anything about mitch or PC...

To my knowledge twotwo motorsports has a lot of support from factory honda like Geico Honda does. He is not riding for factory honda though, same deal he had with them at the end of the supercross season

even if PC was helping CR for free ( I doubt it ) PC got their $ worth and should thank CR for the big bike wins because I don't PC ever won a big bike race

He is not riding for factory honda though, same deal he had with them at the end of the supercross season

Wrong. He has two bikes: his and a factory Honda bike with a Pro Circuit exhaust. The bike he raced was Honda's bike. Go to vitalmx.com and look at the VitalMX Pit Bits photo album from Hangtown. Make sure to read the photo captions. I'd provide a link but can't get to it on this computer.

Edit: here's the link http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Vital-MX-Pit-Bits-Hangtown-Friday,36193/Akira-Narita-Masa-Ito,47583/GuyB,64

Edited by RedRider31

He said in his post race interview that he raced a bike that factory Honda gave him. I believe he is still technically racing for his own team, but he is riding factory Honda equipment. I am not sure who is turning the wrenches. I'd guess his team turns it over to Honda for a "rebuild" and they get it back to tune on it for the race weekend.

I would guess it would be his own bike with pc backing and any and all factory honda parts that are exclusive to factory honda. you know the ones, the trick stuff regular riders cant get obviously. so in other words chads got a dominating machine, and I think hes got a lot of support behind him.

He said in his post race interview that he raced a bike that factory Honda gave him. I believe he is still technically racing for his own team, but he is riding factory Honda equipment. I am not sure who is turning the wrenches. I'd guess his team turns it over to Honda for a "rebuild" and they get it back to tune on it for the race weekend.

That's the way I understand it.

His mechanic, Lars, was wrenching for Factory Honda before Reed hired him.

Big differences in his 'two two bike' vs. the 'factory bike'.... not just graphics.

That aluminum tank is pretty bad ass!

I was listening to a podcast of an interview with Chad Reed, and he said that he has two bikes: his supercross bike (Pro Circuit), and now he has this new factory bike from Honda. I think he also mentioned that he raced the last few rounds of supercross with the Factory Honda bike.

Reed has it all figured out... He gets all the goods and still gets to be his own boss. :smirk:

Guys, there is no big secret here. American Honda Racing has been giving Reed/Two Two Motorsports full factory backing since the last few rounds of SX and they said they will continue with the full factory backing during MX, due all of the American Honda Racing guys being out. Honda has given Two Two an open door to everything they have from parts, to testing records, to personal. It has been in print and spoken about in interviews.

They are also giving more support to Geico.

MAX!!!