Sign in to follow this  

CRF150f???

im thinking of getting this biike, i am only gonna be doing trails mostly but im worried about if the electric start does not work i will be stranded. is this likely? is it worth it or is the e-start quite reliable?? Please help!

You can always push start it ... It is a worry but so is global warming.

The battery will give you signs before leaving you stranded - usually.

Put in into 3rd, or 4th gear, then turn on the ignition, press the clutch, run with the bike. After you're at a decent jog, let go of the clutch completely, if it starts, press it back right away. Some people also call it "bump" starting.

Anyways, I think if you are a complete beginner, the CRF150F would be a decent bike. It depends how strong, and tall you are. For a weaker build, it is very heavy. Maybe consider a TTR125(LE) (Yamaha) or other 4 stroke 125.

I bump start my CR 125 in first gear haha

My bro has a CRF 150f and you can definatly tell its heavier than my bike but for a begginers bike it would be good.

Haha no. I run or go down a hill, pull in the clutch, put it in first and let go of the clutch. Starts every time

i push start my little brothers old klx 125 in 3rd gear. he just bought a Crf 150r, i havent tried push starting it yet, but its a completely different bike than the 150fs.

Ahh i gota 07 150F and its a little trouble gettin it started when stone cold but after a few pushes of the button it fires up. Never has it not worked first go once the engine has warmed up a little.

It is very reliable and like the others said, you can always bump start it and the battery charges while you ride so yeh. You'll be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Big64N
      Good condition with a long list of high end upgrade parts.
      Rekluse EXP 3.0 with cover and slave
      EVO- Ellensburg suspension tuning for 6' 200# expert rider
      Fork bleeders
      Trail-tech map switch
      Moose 1-1/8 flex bar
      CYCRA probend bar guards
      SXS skid plate with linkage plate
      Clutch and water pump guards
      Frame guards
      Fastway Evolution III pegs
      SRT Pro Armor radiator and rear rotor guards
      Acerbic Front rotor guard
      TM designs chain guides
      DID race chain
      Renthal sprockets
      Gripper seat
      FMF F-bomb header
      Dirt Tricks timing chain tensioner
      Pro Wheel, wheels
      Tubliss front and rear
      New top end and valve adjustment 60 hours old
      Many more aftermarket parts as well as spare parts and service manuals included in the sale.  Willing to include 4 sets of tires with 80% tread left for full price.
      Great bike with plenty of life left and set up for anything from single track woods to wide open dessert.
      Can hang with any of the 450's but is much easier to handle in the tight woods.
      Priced to sell at $6000.00 
      Willing to consider reasonable offers but no trades or carry.
    • By filterx
      34 Days and what ever in Beautiful Chile
      http://www.fim-isde.com/home/
    • By Project57
      So if I can’t buy a used bike from out state looking for anyone that has or knows of a low mileage California 2017 / 2018 Beta 500 RRS?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Project57
      Looking to buy a used Beta 2017 500 RRS from outside California.  Can I plate (Register with CA DMV) the bike in CA?  If so what is the best way?  Don't have the money to put down for a new bike from a Dealer in CA.  Any help or sugguestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
    • By MANIAC998
      This continues to be my favorite trail/race weapon!! In our Eastern tight woods, power is not King, handling is. And this thing outhandles them all!!!!