Air filter oil

hello all, I recently bought a k&n air-filter cleaning kit from auto zone and the oil is not right. I've used the k&n products before bought this bottle heavily sprays the oil out the sides but not down the middle(I'm trying my best to explain this, my apologies) but anyway has this happened to anyone?

Should i just get some new oil? Does anyone have a recommendation for brands/types of oils?

Thank you so much

-bai

:smirk:

First off, I would not use a K&N filter, Garbage. I would use a Twin Air or No-Toil. No-Toil filter oil can be used on both filters. I use and prefer no-toil. The K&N will let dirt pass into your engine.

Are you trying to describe a defective aerosol can maybe? If so, take it back, tell them it doesn't spray right, and they "should" give you another can.

And I'm with NSF3537, K&N may be alright for street use (I won't even use them there), but definitly not the ticket for dirt bikes. Look into a good foam filter set-up at your first possible chance.

I like PJ1

First off, I would not use a K&N filter, Garbage. I would use a Twin Air or No-Toil. No-Toil filter oil can be used on both filters. I use and prefer no-toil. The K&N will let dirt pass into your engine.

I also would not use a K&N filter offroad for the reason mentioned. Twin Air or UNI filters with Maxima FFT works well for me.

Another person that will not use K&N filters, right here! I am even hard pressed to use them on the street. The funny thing about these "million mile guarantee" filters is the small print with the offroad products.....Limited one year warranty. Ditch that junk sieve of a filter and get a quality foam air filter. If you still want to use it, take the filter oil back to the retailer and tell them that it is defective and you would like a replacement.

I like PJ1

+1

with my twin air filter

Don't use K&N on a dirt bike. I have had good luck with No-Toil and Twin Air filters. The No-Toil system works great!

Good luck.

I use the first choice (green) which does not contain alcohol. Both are good but your filter will last longer with choice one. Now get yourself the No-Toil Filter. They are very cheap and you can buy them pre oiled. You will never look back. They are vey easy to clean, but you have to make sure they are completely dry before oil. I clean it and let it sit on paper towels over night, then oil it and make sure all excess oil is out of it, let it sit for atleast one hr. before putting in bike. Buy a few filters so you always have a clean one.

I use the Green No-Toil too, also the No-Toil filters, but it will work on any foam filter. No need for the cleaner as some Oxyclean in the washer will clean them perfectly.

You do have to let the Green version dry for a while, I usually let mine set for 24 hours before installing.

I have read somewhere on the web there was a big discussion about air filter oil is nothing but Canola oil with a color dye in it, has anyone heard this before,

Chet

I have read somewhere on the web there was a big discussion about air filter oil is nothing but Canola oil with a color dye in it, has anyone heard this before,

Chet

LOL! No, that's a new one.:smirk:

Maxima FFT or Belray = best

No-toil = easiest

Maxima FFT or Belray = best

No-toil = easiest

I have used FFT and Belray and they are both great choices. I started using No-Toil because the cleaning process is easier on foam filter and yes the whole process is easier. But I feel the No-Toil products are just as good as far as protection. No matter what I use I clean or swap out filters after every ride. I would not take a chance of dirt passing through or preventing proper air flow. All choices are great, just stay away from K&N.

im with everyone else on this.. dont use K&N

I use chain saw bar oil. 1 gallon jugs are very cheap and the oil is very sticky. Works as good as any "air filter oil" I've ever used.

FFT here works great but hate the clean up.

I just read up on the difference between the two. The geen is easier on the filters but takes longer to set up (get tacky). The red sets up much faster but like any oil with alcohol is harsher on the filter. My suggestion is when ever you have extra money in your pocket buy another filter. I have a whole bunch, so I just swap them out in between cleaning. No matter what oil you use, you have to let it set up and get tacky before throwing it in your bike.

okay and last question. When I am cleaning the filter, should I spray it from the inside of the filter or spray it from the outside of the filter?

Okay thanks again

-bai

PS yes i clean my filters every ride i just normally spray from the outside through it, but i don't know if that is right.