Sign in to follow this  

Are the vforce reeds legal in ama stock class?

I will be racing in the loretta's regional qualifier in two weeks and my bike is relatively stock minus the revalve in my suspension which I understand is legal.

I am just not so sure about the reeds. Thank you for your knowledge.

Ryan

I will be racing in the loretta's regional qualifier in two weeks and my bike is relatively stock minus the revalve in my suspension which I understand is legal.

I am just not so sure about the reeds. Thank you for your knowledge.

Ryan

did they let you run them in the area qualifier? I wouldn't think it is legal, unless it is a KTM that came with them. Jeff Alessi got dq'd in the day for cutting out his backfire screen which is less performance gain than a vforce reed.

did they let you run them in the area qualifier? I wouldn't think it is legal, unless it is a KTM that came with them. Jeff Alessi got dq'd in the day for cutting out his backfire screen which is less performance gain than a vforce reed.

I just keeped my mouth shut about them. I just dont wanna get protested against at the regional and miss my chance to go to Tennessee. How much of a gain do the reeds give? MY top end power feels the same, the bottom and mid-range feels a smidge better. I might just remove the reeds just to be safe. It would be nice if I can get a definite answer on this though.

In the qualifier, they wouldn't even let my son use his hole shot device. I had to turn it so it couldn't be engaged. I would say no.

Only way they are legal is if they are OEM like on a ktm. If not then NO.

you need to run a stock reed cage and reeds. The reason you got away with it for the area is because well they arn't so stringent.. if you make it through in the regional your bike maybe inspected and will be disqualified.. you may make it through with out knotice but you will not make it pass inspection at lorrettas.

by the way.. During out regional. I will be looking at every bike out there to see if I can visualy see any non legal bikes and will contest them if need be to make it down.. Thats why the stock class exists so no one can dump a crap load of money to win.. gives the poorer people a better chance. so If i do it, you better believe someone else will also.

by the way.. During out regional. I will be looking at every bike out there to see if I can visualy see any non legal bikes and will contest them if need be to make it down.. Thats why the stock class exists so no one can dump a crap load of money to win.. gives the poorer people a better chance. so If i do it, you better believe someone else will also.

Yep, like primal said. I know some kids that went and did well at Loretta's and it is cut throat. In stock you can't even run foam around the brake pedal or anything I was told. If you want a definitive answer on what to run and not, go to racerxonline.com and look at mx sports at the top and the rules should be listed there.

Just the reeds or a cage too? Reeds get old so a lot of the time some of the change felt is just from replacing a worn part, you probably won't lose much if anything going to new stock reeds.

Definitely not legal in the stock class... I seen alot of people running slightly modded bikes at my area qualifier in stock class. Looks like the rules aren't really strictly enforced until the regionals.