Newb dyno run tonight.

So we got a dyno a while back and haven't tried it out ( except on a bicycle). Never run a dyno before, any advice, Eddie? Things like set up tire pressure, straps, fans any thing that can help. Drz sm with stock tires and wheels.

Thanks, Alex

put 40 psi in the rear tire and strpa it down so its stable.

what dyno is it? dynojet with built in fans?

Quick google search found this. might help. but Eddie will probaly know more.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6861346_dyno-tune-motorcycle.html

how many horses does your bicycle have?

Haha didn't have it hooked up but could barely turn it. not sure on the model but it is a dyno jet. Older one with black diamond metal that matches our lift

With chrome diamond plate around the roller.

So we got a dyno a while back and haven't tried it out ( except on a bicycle). Never run a dyno before, any advice, Eddie? Things like set up tire pressure, straps, fans any thing that can help. Drz sm with stock tires and wheels.

Thanks, Alex

man a horsepower contest with bicycles on a dyno sounds like a great way to spend the long weekend (and maybe even a beer or 2!:smirk:)

Haha yeah I have a video of our head mechanic on it, gotta see if I can find it.

Tried a couple of runs on the dyno but could not get the program to run correctly. The program is sport dyno vs 3.4 my computer sucks so I am working on getting a few pictures up.

Okay so I got the pictures up of the dyno and the screen of one of our runs (looks like a 4yr old scribbled on the computer).

Here is the bike on the dyno.

mail.jpg

And here is the picture of the run on the computer.

mail-1.jpg

The program is sportdyno vs 3.4 Does any one have advice on operating this program, maybe a guide or something? Thanks,

Better pictures

dyno2.jpg

dyno3.jpg

We were starting to get it dialed in but only said the bike had 24 hp and like 8lb tq.

I know our set-up is ghetto but it was close to free!

We were starting to get it dialed in but only said the bike had 24 hp and like 8lb tq.

I know our set-up is ghetto but it was close to free!

should be 34 hp and 18lb tq if the bike is stock

you need way more fan than that!

man a horsepower contest with bicycles on a dyno sounds like a great way to spend the long weekend (and maybe even a beer or 2!:smirk:)
do back to back runs.one with beer and one with redbull:lol:

Stop using the dyno and educate yourself more. Find another shop with one and look at their setup. They may even be nice enough to give you pointers.

Look at pics on the internet of other dyno setups and read whatever you can on the software you are using. There are lots of settings in the software that you need to be aware of.

you need way more fan than that!

Yeah I know we also had a big industrial fan in the bottom left of the picture, not a very good location though. I think there are only two other dynos in town so I will try to look into it more. Also don't have a brake on the dyno so we would just put it in neutral and wait 5 min till it stops spinning, is there a better method? Didn't want to engine brake cause it just seems like way to much wheel momentum to strain the motor.

use the engine for braking on a 4 stroke.

that dyno should have a electric or air brake.