Parts supplier other than halls?

So it looks like I've got my list of needed parts to rebuild this motor, called Halls for prices and this is what they gave me:

Conrod assembly- $207

Clutch hub- $145

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a new piston- $267 (This is the one that really hurts)

I'm brand new to Huskys, is there anywhere else I might be able to get these parts any cheaper? (Especially the piston!)

I've attached a photo of the piston. Long story short, top of piston, rings and cylinder walls are perfect, untouched. The skirts (other side of the piston too) are scored as you can see, from what I guess was all the metal flying around from the conrod bearing that blew out. Like I said everything else is undamaged, is it necessary that I replace the piston? I feel like the answer is yes, but i'm not that experienced with the insides of piston engines and if I can save the $267 here without regretting it later I would like to.

th.4d1abcd2f0.jpg

Thanks ,

Nate

For sure replace that. Cheap insurance and it looks beat. Bills Motorcycles Plus is a VERY good dealer like Halls. Halls is top notch though so I going with them is good.

Ok will do. Any thoughts on Wossner pistons? I can get one from Husqvarna outlet for $199.

Heres another question that brings up, they sell this piston in standard, 1st over, and 2nd over. I'm assuming I would get standard since I'm not planning on touching the cylinder right?

Nate

Edited by NateZ426
Ok will do. Any thoughts on Wossner pistons? I cant get one from Husqvarna outlet for $199.

Heres another question that brings up, they sell this piston in standard, 1st over, and 2nd over. I'm assuming I would get standard since I'm not planning on touching the cylinder right?

Nate

never used on but heard good things about Wossner pistons. Yes, i would think standard.

Thanks guys. Keep an ear out for a used clutch hub for me! :smirk:

you should always mic out the cyclinder, most high end forged (Wossner,Vertex, Wiseco, Mahle etc) pistons now are A,B,C sized for exact cylinder clearance match even on "chrome" cylinders. most of these companies will answer your piston questions, PS as for OEM you also get what pay for, Husky uses EU high end supplier stuff from top quality manufacturers.

I highly recomend HALLS , your picture doesnt work for me - what bike are you on?

2004 TC 450 converted to sumo.

I had my piston mic'ed, 97mm, it is stock. Wossner pistons come in 96.94, 96.95, and 96.96, what gives???? which one do i get? 96.94 is considered "standard", 1st over and 2nd over for the other two

Nate

You need to mic your cylinder and buy the correct piston for the tolerance needed. Mic the complete cylinder top to bottom to see if it became "egg" shaped out of round. If this happen then you will need to bore to round.

Reno Cycles and Gear in Reno, NV has always treated me well with the 4 huskies I've owned. Call Paul @ (775) 355-8810 and tell him Matt sent you :ride:

Reno Cycles and Gear http://www.renocycles.com/

3445 Kietzke Lane

Reno, NV 89502-4703

I should not reply here because all of you will believe I am insane and agree with my wife who says she never want to hear about my bikes, TE450, XR100R, CBR1000F.

But what else can an old man do, I cannot remember my name half the time.

I am waiting for my 08 TE450 and the repair cost could exceed $3300.00.

I should not reply here because all of you will believe I am insane and agree with my wife who says she never want to hear about my bikes, TE450, XR100R, CBR1000F.

But what else can an old man do, I cannot remember my name half the time.

I am waiting for my 08 TE450 and the repair cost could exceed $3300.00.

whos doing the work, and how long you been waiting?

Me, 2005 TE 450 15 months here, and over $2K, still not sure on the final price!