kickstart help for 2004 klx 110

I took it to the shop the other day and they said I needed a new kickstart shaft and that it was going to cost 400 100 for the part and 300 for the labor cause u have to take the engine apart. Isaac wondering if anyone could help me do it or have any tips cause I can't pay 400 to get it fixed. If anyone could send me a link to buy the kickatart shaft or even tell me what it is and does it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I took it to the shop the other day and they said I needed a new kickstart shaft and that it was going to cost 400 100 for the part and 300 for the labor cause u have to take the engine apart. Isaac wondering if anyone could help me do it or have any tips cause I can't pay 400 to get it fixed. If anyone could send me a link to buy the kickatart shaft or even tell me what it is and does it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Thank-you for the service manual it helped alot but exactly why do I have to take the engine apart to replace the kick shaft.

hell for that price ship the damn thing to me. If you are even somewhat mechanically inclined these motors are a breeze to work on. Is it the primary that broke?

Im not sure what does primary mean lol im a noob lol they just told me it was the kickstart shaft.and that it cost so much to fix cause u have to take the engine apart.

Its most likely the primary gear which yes the cases need to be split. If it is the "kickstart shaft" like they are saying(highly unlikely) only the clutch cover needs to come off.

oh and google is your friend i.e. "kickstart shaft diagram"; primary gear, etc. etc.

I think that's it cause when u try to kick it it makes a weird noise like there is a gear wrong. Is it hard to change. And how expensive is primary gear.

And is it also called a primary gear or what would it be called if im looking for it on bike bandit

primary gear requires splitting of the cases so you must be somewhat mechanically inclined. Its not terribly difficult but can be overwhelming for someone that has never done it before. yes it should be called the primary gear.

^^I think you mean the Output Shaft, not the Primary Drive Gear.

PDG's don't break. The pre-08' Output Shafts do break. Right at the oiling hole.

And you don't have to split the cases to get to the PDG. Just take off the clutch cover.

For the Output Shaft, you will have to split the cases.

But yes, if it's the kicker shaft, it's possible to remove it without splitting the cases.

It fits into a big cutaway in the center cases behind the clutch basket.

Unfortunately, it's more likely it's the Output Shaft.

If you do have to split the cases, you may as well put in CHP's billet 2nd gear & a 4th gear shift drum.

If you want more power, add a stroker crank, and bore the cases for a big-bore kit (bigger than a 144 kit) down the road.

Edited by XLR8RR

yes output shaft my bad

Thanks guys for all the help im trying to find output shaft on bike bandit buut cant seem to find it. is it an expensive part.

when i search output shaft it comes up 2nd gear output shaft, top output shaft, 3rd gear output shaft. are any of those right or is it just output shaft?

Just got the output shaft in the mail hope fully I can fix it now.anyone have any diagrams or manuals on how to do it.

just use google. Usualy in images some diagrams pop up -otherwise you may need to order a manual.