why wont my bike start...

(...BESIDES IT BEING A PIECE OF CRAP SUZUKI!)

I redid the shims and reset the timing also rejetted my carb according to eddies specs and now it wont hit a lick...Its getting gas to it...i loosened the float bowl nut and it poured out but still no running?

Edited by ebayollis

yea i done it just like everyone on here said...followed the write up exactly....actually have .002" more thatn i needed but thats as close as i could get without being to tight...im about sick of this damn thing....ive had it 3 weeks and have had trouble with it since i got it...

well i think i found it out I followed eddies specs on jetting but the bike is flooding bad...i cleaned the plug and tried it again and the plug comes out soaked...i guess ill go back to the previous jetting and sell it

Better go buy yourself a Honda. My thought is if your going to buy a bike that has been modded by a PO you better be ready to work through some bugs. In the end you'll know your bike top to bottom.

It also sounds like you tackled too much at one time... your original issue was a noisy top end? did you figure out that issue before tearing into the carb? did the bike run after you re-shimmed? Hopefully your woes are nothing more than a re-assembly issue....

Better go buy yourself a Honda. My thought is if your going to buy a bike that has been modded by a PO you better be ready to work through some bugs. In the end you'll know your bike top to bottom.

It also sounds like you tackled too much at one time... your original issue was a noisy top end? did you figure out that issue before tearing into the carb? did the bike run after you re-shimmed? Hopefully your woes are nothing more than a re-assembly issue....

trust me if i could find one i would...

I rejetted it while i had it torn down to save time...i thought if the recommendations came from eddie they would work (not saying hes wrong...its probably me)...ill tear it back down soon and check it out....

180 off on the timing?

Carb issues...

Might try to open the overflow on the carb and try to start it.

sounds to me like its just plain flooding out. Also could be various other things causing this no start issue. I've been lurking your posts and it seems you have done some work and it could be a few things.

I put the cams in on tdc of the compression stroke....Ill try the new plug and opening the overflow on the carb todayand see if it works...if it doesnt do it ill take it to somehatknows more than me to fix it...lol