Sign in to follow this  

FWW or recluse exp

I am trying to decide, if I should go with a fww or the exp. I know the fww is about 250$ cheaper, but I am tired of stalling and watching all the other bikes go by

Look at it this way. Fww= 50% less stalling auto clutch= 100% less stalling and a much easier bike to ride and you will go farther. Worth $250? I think yes.

You can stall with a rekluse. It stalls if you open gas aggressively atvery low rpm or ride on a higher gear (pop-stalling). If you just block your rear wheel with the break it doesnt stall.

Nevertheless I have the Core EXP with light wedges and all blue springs and I ocassionaly pop stall, but I still think it worths every penny

I have the z start pro in mine and I still stall from time to time, so I bought a FWW and I am installing that too.

All bikes can stall when asked for more power at very low rpm or in the wrong gear, even with a rekluse. You still have to ride the bike in the correct gear and at decent rpm. I stall when I ride way too agressive or at the end of a long MX moto or race. But I stalled much more before the rekluse.

Consider too, that if you buy a rekluse you will not be able to ride a bike without it any more. I had to buy one for my old practice bike too. Once you get used to it, there's no way back to normal clutch; it could be even dangerous to ride back a regular clutch at MX tracks. The rekluse makes you kind of lazy....but helps a lot

Something they need to fix is that you cant bump start the bike if you stall. Twice this winter, it was too cold, my bike didnt want to start and couldnt bump start. It finally started when I left it under the sun for a few minutes.

BTW customer service is excellent

You can stall with a rekluse. It stalls if you open gas aggressively atvery low rpm or ride on a higher gear (pop-stalling). If you just block your rear wheel with the break it doesnt stall.

Nevertheless I have the Core EXP with light wedges and all blue springs and I ocassionaly pop stall, but I still think it worths every penny

The Rekluse can actually make the bike more prone to "pop" stalling because the engine is free-wheeling instead of the rear wheel driving it. My bike is jetted perfectly (JD and RD powerpump) and would occasionally still "pop" stall due to too aggressive throttle application. I installed a 9oz flywheel weight and have never stalled since. I don't believe that the flywheel weight alone is responsible for this. I will not have another bike without a Rekluse clutch. It can make you lazy, but it will make going faster so much easier.

Ok, FWW installed today along with my z start pro... I just rode in the field across the street from me and holy crap the combo is awesome! I will give a better report after hitting the trails but I am certain I am gonna love this combo.

I have the 2010 EFI with a 17oz fww and a z-start pro and it will still flame out on the odd occasion if I let the revs get too low and then rip the throttle open. Turning the idle up almost eliminates it so I always make sure I have it up a little at the track or when I do an enduro.

Have to say that the fww + rekluse combo works really well; I would never have it without them now.