Sign in to follow this  

86 cr80 FMF fatty pipe

I just got my parts I waiting for from ebay http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984539

The expansion pipe flange to the exhaust port is not round on the pipe. Everything seems to line up, but because the pipe end is oval it's too narrow top to bottom to fit over the exhaust.

This pipe and silencer isn't nearly as clean as it looked in the pictures. there is a good bit of surface rust on the bottom of the pipe, and the silencer pipe. The inside is pretty rusty too.

$(KGrHqQOKigE12ZK,mdLBNuJ)nkBRQ~~_12.JPG

My question is: Is this pipe messed up, or do I need a different exhaust flange adapter for the FMF Fatty on this CR80?

If this is messed up, what would be a good way to expand the pipe flange to make it round again? The material is pretty darn thick, not like the stock pipe.

Still looking for ideas how to round out the flange on this FMF pipe. It's on the right side in this pic. the metal is really think compared to stock or an exhaust pipe, so I don't think a pipe expander will work.

Photo%20May%2027%2C%2011%2028%2058%20PM.jpg

Ok so a torch and a vice, I was able to squeeze the pipe mostly into a round shape. Then with an air dremel I cleaned up the inside so that it had a uniform diameter.

I was able to install after that.

Ok so a torch and a vice, I was able to squeeze the pipe mostly into a round shape. Then with an air dremel I cleaned up the inside so that it had a uniform diameter.

I was able to install after that.

Due to what you had to do to get the pipe installed, you probably want to use some high heat rtv gasket to make sure the pipe doesn't leak.