1989 Honda cr250r

I have just recently have had problems with my 1989 honda cr250r (2 stroke)

about a week ago, i fired up the bike, let it warm up etc... then i filled up my gas tank with older fuel (from the middle of winter) after i put the fuel in it, it would not start:banghead:. i drained the rest of the gas out of it, let it sit for a week, but when i came back to it, it was semi-seized:foul: (it only took a little bit of pressure to unseize it) now the only way i can get it to fire is to pour gas into the cylinder, and after it fires once, it won't start again. i will take the plugs out and the plugs will be coated with a a brownish fluid. (at first i thought it was tranny fluid, but i realized it was too thin, and smelt like gas) any ideas on what i should do, or what the fluid is???

thanks,

Jordan

Just remember all engines work on the same principle, Suck/Squeeze/Bang/Blow.

Check for air restrictions and leaks - Clean Air filter, Check reeds…

Fresh fuel with proper mix?

Compression good?

Check the spark- With new plug, lay on the cylinder, kick the bike and it should sound off with good snaps.

Exhaust restrictions?

Good spark?

If above appears good, then disassemble and tank the carb (Advance Auto carb cleaner in 1 gallon can and follow the directions) and blow it out with compressed air. Just don't submerge the TPS or any other plastics. This is how I clean my carbs and then check the float height and reassemble.

Get a new plug don't sandblast them, it may work it may not, i used to clean the with a plug cleaner and sometimes they worked but they never seemed right

Also how old is the topend/reeds? If its a tired motor it may be time to freshen it up, you could try push/bump starting it an see if it takes off

Bad gas can definitely ruin a number of things including an engine. Any sign of lock up means that something is wrong so at the very least tear down the top end. That bike has been around for 22 years so it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything is 100%. It's also possible that the right main seal is leaking and of course the fluid smells like gas because you poured gas into the cylinder. Since the engine locked you'll have to investigate this further and yes it will take time and money.

Bad gas can definitely ruin a number of things including an engine. Any sign of lock up means that something is wrong so at the very least tear down the top end. That bike has been around for 22 years so it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything is 100%. It's also possible that the right main seal is leaking and of course the fluid smells like gas because you poured gas into the cylinder. Since the engine locked you'll have to investigate this further and yes it will take time and money.

?