Sign in to follow this  

Tire thread....for 4 days on the Dragon...which SM tires

So I want some new rubber for my trip to the dragon in less than a month...I run a PP front and a contiforce SM on the rear now both at about 25psi...and they work great. The tires only have to last 4 days of hard riding and for all I care can be thrown out afterwards....I have been throwing around just replacing both with the same as I have now but am entertaining another combo for a little more grip (fun) for the trip.... I've enertained slicks however I have zero experience with them/differnt compounds and am afraid they wont last the whole trip. Suggestions?

Oh yeah and anyone going to be down there 3rd is week during June?...lets ride

Stick with why you have. Nothing worse then unformiluar tires on a trip like that.

Been wanting to ride "The dragon" and never have, and there it is about three hours from my house. I guess cause there's so much good riding between here and there that you can't take it all in at once. A friend of mine and my brother want to ride it too. Maybe we'll have a chance to go for a ride!

Been wanting to ride "The dragon" and never have, and there it is about three hours from my house. I guess cause there's so much good riding between here and there that you can't take it all in at once. A friend of mine and my brother want to ride it too. Maybe we'll have a chance to go for a ride!

I agree. I live in a place that is overall just as good (in my opinion) as the Dragon area. In fact, there are roads very similar within miles. I'm going with a friend who does not live nearby and is attending an event. It is also really neat to see so many enthusiasts and whatnot.

The dragon's kind of a buzzkill now. The whole thing is 35mph and when I was there last fall the LEO's were everywhere and giving out tickets like candy...