Sign in to follow this  

TT newbie Handlebar ?

Hi guys-

I bought a bike through a fellow TT'er and the bastard sold me a bike with bent stock bars. I have another friend that will give me 1 1/8" KTM bend bars for free. I want the bars higher so...what do I do to raise the bars and allow the increase from 7/8 to 1 1/8? I'm looking for a cost effective way to do this.

BTW: my handle will be jjbechtel...TT hasn't given me rights to post yet.

Hi guys-

I bought a bike through a fellow TT'er and the bastard sold me a bike with bent stock bars. I have a friend that will give me 1 1/8" KTM bend bars. I want the bars higher so...what do I do to raise the bars and allow the increase from 7/8 to 1 1/8? I'm looking for a cost effective way to do this.

Wait..What?

Those look great! I'm really short of money since I just bought this bike. I was hoping to spend like $20 rather than $80. I don't mean to sound cheap but I don't have the means to spend $80 as I stretched myself to buy this bike.

Thanks for the idea!

you should be able to find a set of decent used stock steels for next to nothing.lots of guys have upgraded their bars.

as for 22mm bar risers I think they start around $35 and go up from there.try amazon or fleabay.

Fly Racing Vintage MX bars. $29 bucks at your local shop, can maybe get them thru Thumper Talk Store:excuseme: I have them on our Dr's & DRZ's and love them. Tall Bars.

Fat bar conversions are a snow ball effect. It's not just adaptor/ risers which you can get through fly for ~$30. You also need grips and bark buster adapters if you have those.

Hi guys-

I bought a bike through a fellow TT'er and the bastard sold me a bike with bent stock bars. I have another friend that will give me 1 1/8" KTM bend bars for free. I want the bars higher so...what do I do to raise the bars and allow the increase from 7/8 to 1 1/8? I'm looking for a cost effective way to do this.

Try the MSR KX high. I just put a set on my bike. Its a major improvement over the stock bars, (wider and much taller)and cheap too, $20-$25. Cheap bars are a good way to find the bend you like before you blow $80 on bars you may not like...

Hi guys-

I have a set of stock bar risers off my 07 that fit the fatty bars I'd be willing to let go cheap. It's the stock height but proper bar size. Pm me if interested.

Edited by Jettaron91vw
Clarification