sold my baby =|

just sold my 00" RM125 for $1300. paid $900 last nov, put $250 into her.

i feel terrible though, completely awful. i want nothing but an RM. newer one only.

and i just started jumping 40-45ft yesterday! =|

Take your time, look around and you'll find the right one...good luck

You will not find one over-night, some of the nicest ones I have seen in Florida for sell.

OR up North where they do not get ridden year around.

I think the 'garaged' 2 stroke bikes will dry up in the new future, since new ones are not able to keep the replenished.

I hate to say it but it will become like the Suzuki 250 2 stroke race wheelers. Good thing for owners the prices will go up, I don't care what no NADA value is if the bike is pristine they will sell for more money. Those values are average based on the facts they are raced, and need some TLC when purchased. Not a race-bike that has sat in storage for several years without any wear/tear on them = more money but well worth it.

Is a new bike out of the question? I have an 04 RM 125 and an 09 KTM 250. Don't get me wrong, I love my RM 125, but time marches on. My 09 KTM is the better bike for racing and riding, and 2012 model will be 2 major revisions from my 09!! We all want the Japanese to start importing smokers again, but if they pick up where they left off, the bikes will be pretty lame compared to what KTM and some of the exotics are offering (Have you seen the Gasgas offerings?!? They look great in the mags, but even better in person. They are starting to show up at races around here).

If funds dictate used, the last major revision to the RM 125 was in 04. It's a great bike!

Edited by rpt50
info

ill take anything but a YZ

they handle terrible. i almost scored a pristine 03 CR 125 but i was $100 short. couldn't talk him down.

meenwhile my friends tease me with there rides, riding in my woods and around my house. i might pick up a 2001 KX125 thats been rebuilt for $1100

ill take anything but a YZ

they handle terrible. i almost scored a pristine 03 CR 125 but i was $100 short. couldn't talk him down.

meenwhile my friends tease me with there rides, riding in my woods and around my house. i might pick up a 2001 KX125 thats been rebuilt for $1100

I had KX's and they are good bikes, they are easy to work on, handle great with no head shake.

KX parts are plentiful, I have seen a few RM125's but up North Auction Sites down South they are HARD to buy since people are switching back to 2t bikes.

I would love to find a RM125, I ran across one but he would not sell it.

i know RM's are THE BEST when it comes to handling, but what whould be close?

i might go 250 2t. i am currently looking at several 125s 01-3 CR's, KX's, YZ's (cant find an RM or id buy it immediately.)

and im looking at some 250 2t's 03 yz for $1200 and a 01 KX 250 for $1400

i dont want a bike that feels like junk

i know RM's are THE BEST when it comes to handling, but what whould be close?

i might go 250 2t. i am currently looking at several 125s 01-3 CR's, KX's, YZ's (cant find an RM or id buy it immediately.)

and im looking at some 250 2t's 03 yz for $1200 and a 01 KX 250 for $1400

i dont want a bike that feels like junk

Don't get in a hurry, RM250's feel 10 pounds lighter, I do like the way a KX250 rides they handle great. But the RM is so agile and it turns on a dime.

I have owned more YZ's than RM's but I would never want to go back. They YZ is a GREAT bike, just the RM is like a scalpel almost feels like a 125 to me. Motor wise the engine is stout.

Don't get in a hurry, RM250's feel 10 pounds lighter, I do like the way a KX250 rides they handle great. But the RM is so agile and it turns on a dime.

I have owned more YZ's than RM's but I would never want to go back. They YZ is a GREAT bike, just the RM is like a scalpel almost feels like a 125 to me. Motor wise the engine is stout.

well, i am in a hurry. i dont have a rig and we all ride around here every day.

ill be looking to buy a bike within the next 3 days. ive already email people on 54 diff bikes.

well, i am in a hurry. i dont have a rig and we all ride around here every day.

ill be looking to buy a bike within the next 3 days. ive already email people on 54 diff bikes.

You may find one then, the economy is shedding jobs like fleas on a dead possum!

I seeing lots of toys up for sale now, I would like to find another RM250 if I can find a clean one.

I got a 2003 CR 125, handles beautifully

I got a 2003 CR 125, handles beautifully

i heard those aluminum frame CRs handle almost as good as an rm.

ive email a few people. might pick up a 01.

I've been keeping an eye out for a clean 04 or newer RM125. I only find older ones for sale.

IMO if handling is your primary concern stick with an RM. I've had an 01 CR125R and an 03 RM125 as well as currently own an 05 YZ125 and 06 CR125R. I'm a total n00b but I can still notice that the RM is easier to turn than the others.

The RM had a PC works pipe and silencer. Low end power was not impressive and there wasn't a big hit when getting on the pipe but there was plenty of power. The YZ definitely has the best engine but I find the handling to be the worst (most difficult to lean over in the corners).

Handling of the 06 CR is pretty good. One thing to note about the newer CR is that the seat is higher than the others...a solid 1-1.5" taller. I bought it used. First time I tried riding it the plug fouled while warming up. Fortunately no issues since but I still don't know if I can trust it. Mid-top power is quite good but it has a dead spot down low and falls off the pipe easy. I'm sure jetting will solve it but I don't have the time to mess with it. Removing the carb is a pita.

picking up 2003 a RM250 for $1300 today

one owner

stock top end (YIKES!)

verry clean

low hours

well maintained

picking up 2003 a RM250 for $1300 today

one owner

stock top end (YIKES!)

verry clean

low hours

well maintained

I would top-end it, sounds like you will be riding!

I would top-end it, sounds like you will be riding!

picked it up for $1150. chain is toast, carb is gummed and runs like %&$#:smirk:

top end looked good, sat since fall, fired up first kick, lots of compression worth $1150