Good boots for under $200?

There are deals to be had. My brother bought some Alpinestar Tech 6s for 189 or something like that. I bought Alpinestar Tech 8s for 250.(last years model on close out). Another idea that I did before I bought my Tech 8s is check on ebay for some gently used boots. I bought some fly Talons off of ebay that were almost new for 80 dollars. They were the direct copy of the Alpinestar Tech 8.. You can find all sorts used high end boots on there for less than 200. Good luck.

My recommendation would be for the Gaerne GX-1s. They are a very good boot at the price point you specified. The buckle system is excellent and they require hardly any break in at all. These boots are light and they also have very durable soles. For the money they are hard to beat.

+1 ?

if ya buy the GX-1's, you'll thank us by this time next year ?

Like others said, go to ebay. I would rather wear a gently used but broken in pair of $4 or $5 hundred dolar boots for $200 or less then a brand new $150 dollar boot that sucks. You get what you pay for. You need a good pair of boots.

I bought a past years set of Shift boots new for like 60 bucks if I remember right. Good protection but never break in like good boots. They were doing good until I walked several miles in them full of mud. Left my feet with scars and made the liner turn to fuzz in places. The thing I dont like about boots that dont break in though is I find myself being hard on the shifter since I can't really feel whats going on or bend at the ankle.

how does the gaerne boots run size wise. i normally wear 11 ee width shoes and if shoes are reg. width gotta go bigger goin get boots in next couple days just watch riding buddy get his his left foot b ig toe rip off . it sucked watching and seeing the pain he hit a stump and pinched between shifter and peg we only whent down the trail to move some stuff by are bridge and was goiing back to house:thumbsdn:

O'Neal Clutch for $160 from mxoutfit.com. Can't say enough good about these boots. Took about 2-3 rides to break in but 8 months later the soles still look good.

I will vouch for that also. I have a pair of em and had them for three years and the soles are excellent. My pair is black and after I get done riding at the track or at a race I wash them when I get home or the next day and they still look like new.

I cant say enough about the O'neal clutch boot. Mine fit good right off the bat and still fit good. The insole kinda went bad in both of em but I put a set of Dr sholls in them and they are real comfortable.

I hope they will still make these boots for awhile cause I want to get another pair but I need to ware these out first and by the way it looks its gonna be a good while.

I want to get a pair of the Gearne GX-1 boot, where is a good place to purchase them and has fast shipping, and a good return policy if they don't fit right, I wear a size 11 shoe, so I take it I should order a size 11.

Chet

I want to get a pair of the Gearne GX-1 boot, where is a good place to purchase them and has fast shipping, and a good return policy if they don't fit right, I wear a size 11 shoe, so I take it I should order a size 11.

Chet

I have a pair of Gearne SG12's also and they are true to fit. I wear a size 10 and a half shoe and I bought a size 10 boot and they fit like a glove.