Sign in to follow this  

Leg Pegs

Anyone have a pair of Leg Pegs on thier KLX?

I've e-mailed the company, no reponce yet.

The concept sounds good, but will they fit?

Any recommendations, or opinions reqested.

If you are not too tall, they work pretty well stock.

If you are tall, you have to modify the side panel plastics to get them to fit.

I am 6'3" and there was no way to get them slanted back far enough without major surgery.

Dont bother. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY I HAVE SPENT!!!!! My right side broke before ever getting to Dirt Test It. No where to email & no where to call except to order. Save your money. HEY!!! if anyone needs the left side one, I will sell for REALLY, REALLY CHEAP!!!!!

Really, The concept sounded so good. I'll save my money. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a set Steg Pegz (Australian) from my understanding the Leg Pegs are a rip off of the Steg Pegz (not sure but thats what I have heard).

Anyway, I'm 5'10" and find them great, it would be nice if the rubber was a bit wider but they are ok.

Used them on a 500k derest race, and the arms felt good afterwards, since they stop your legs from slipping back and hence not having to hold on tighter with your arms.

Support was pretty good, lost a bolt to the sub-frame and they sent a few spares for nicks.

The only issue is you have to remove the left hand side to get the air filter, but I can do that while holding a beer, which I can't do while riding flat out.

Cheers

Maybe I'm picky, Or I just hate waiting for a new bike goody, getting it, then having to repack and send it back for refund/credit because it didn't fit correctly, but Steg Pegz (which I like... thanks kpphotos for the heads up) and Leg pegs are for the KX450, not my KLX450R. I would think the manufacturers would include the KLX model in thier listing. I would if I were the salesman. Shoot, the KLX dudes have to have 20% market share. Anyway, am I to assume that the KX450 Steg Pegz fit the KLX ? I trust my Thumper talk brethren before all others in these matters

Steg Peg Supplier link for anyone that has not seen a Steg Pegz

http://www.brapoffroad.com/steg-pegz-products/steg-pegz-450kxf06/

Edited by Baxtah
spelling/grammer corrections

The right side Leg Pegz will fit a KX/KLX450, but the Left Side Was a universal, ment to fit a variety of bikes. That one DID NOT BREAK OFF. So YES, you have to be careful, since the LEFT SIDE of the KLX is slightly different.

Well my KLX450 is an 2008 and the stegpegz fit fine. From your link it's cheaper in the states then in Oz and they are made here. Go figure.

Just email them direct and they'll sort it out for you.

Dont bother. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY I HAVE SPENT!!!!! My right side broke before ever getting to Dirt Test It. No where to email & no where to call except to order. Save your money. HEY!!! if anyone needs the left side one, I will sell for REALLY, REALLY CHEAP!!!!!

~I just ordered some Leg Pegs today and asked them about the Kawasaki's also & they said the KLX & KX models were being re-designed.

The early left side KX stuff needed more material for strength.

The guy was cool and knew alot about them, the KTM models are made perfect from what I've seen. . Call Leg Pegs im sure they will hook you up with a proper set or get $ back..

I have a set Steg Pegz (Australian) from my understanding the Leg Pegs are a rip off of the Steg Pegz (not sure but thats what I have heard).

Anyway, I'm 5'10" and find them great, it would be nice if the rubber was a bit wider but they are ok.

Used them on a 500k derest race, and the arms felt good afterwards, since they stop your legs from slipping back and hence not having to hold on tighter with your arms.

Support was pretty good, lost a bolt to the sub-frame and they sent a few spares for nicks.

The only issue is you have to remove the left hand side to get the air filter, but I can do that while holding a beer, which I can't do while riding flat out.

Cheers

I saw the Stegs, but the KTM ones are made better because of the left side arm. Also the Leg Pegs are made in the USA.