Sign in to follow this  

Pro Circuit water pump impeller washer Specs Needed

Hello people of Thumper Talk,

I have a problem that I am hoping to fix soon, and figured there must be someone with an answer. I have a 2010 KX250F and have a Pro Circuit water pump installed. There is a washer that goes behind the impeller, and I have misplaced the washer... I know the Pro Circuit washer is different from the OEM washer, so would anyone be kind enough to dial caliper the washer behind the impeller on a Pro Circuit water pump. Also state what material it is made of. This would allow me to go get one that is the proper thickness and material. I called Pro Circuit and they couldn't tell me the thickness... just telling me they could send one via mail. Only I need it sooner then that!

Thank you

I have a pc pump on my 07 how ever I'm not going to remove it to mic a washer...

Call Procircuit maybe they might have the id/od for you

Already called Pro Circuit and they couldn't tell me the specs. Thats why I came here, to try and find the specs and material of the washer.

Sorry bud, not gonna rip into my bike to mic something.. Good luck.. I would call PC back and ask for service then ask them if they could mic it real quick..

For the most part people do have a pc water pump. But most people are like me un willing to remove it to get you the specs you need.. You risk damage by doing that.

I have take apart the PC water pump multiple times, the only thing that may be needed to reassemble the water pump would be a new gasket. I have 3 extra for spares, as would any serious racer. I just thought maybe someone had their bike apart, and I could get that individual to help me out. Also Pr1malR8gw, I clearly understand that you are unwilling to take yours apart.

Thanks

I have take apart the PC water pump multiple times, the only thing that may be needed to reassemble the water pump would be a new gasket. I have 3 extra for spares, as would any serious racer. I just thought maybe someone had their bike apart, and I could get that individual to help me out. Also Pr1malR8gw, I clearly understand that you are unwilling to take yours apart.

Thanks

Once again you're not catching my drift. and why would any serious racer take apart the water pump? you do not need to remove it to change the oil or to do any motor work. The only reason to remove it would be due to a leak or a broken impeller and or shaft. Regardless The issue is you're not really going to find anyone willing to dump their coolant and remove the pump thus requiring a new gasket so you can get your specs..

That's the whole point I've been trying to make. you chance of this happening is 1:1,000,000 only way someone will get the mic for you is if they get a brand new pump and mic it before installing..

Don't take this the wrong way but you're pretty much at the mercy of time waiting for PC to send you a washer as well you're probably not going to get the spec on it anytime soon.

Sorry I am not catching your drift... all i must say is you have commented on my post over and over with nothing less than non-sense. I am looking for help period. If I cant find any I guess I am stuck waiting for the PC washer. Well I just did a complete engine rebuild, and I had to replace the shaft seals behind the impeller after one season. Theres 2 seals, one for oil and one for coolant. As it seems no one is in the position to help me with my situation. Which is fine I understand, but lets leave the non stop commenting to the non riders. Go and ride and enjoy yourself.

I did ride in Michigan today.. Look man I'm not trying to be an ass.. I'm just trying to point out the obvios that unless someone has one laying around which is unlikely you're not going to get someone to pull theirs off..

How ever why don't you call some of the big shops.. Maybe Chaplin kawasaki, babbits kawasaki, chapparal, ect that might have it in stock to give you the thickness..

I'll make some calls to PC tomorrow since I have a way with words I might be able to get you the specs.

Once again I'm sorry for your plight but I'm just trying to explain why you haven't had any response to your post other then me.

Just received the washer, the specs are as listed.

5.32 mm ID

9.77 mm OD

1.00 mm thick

It appears to be made of stainless