Sign in to follow this  

Aloop plastic on 1991 XR

Does anybody have any pictures of older steel frame xrs with the aloop plastic? I read that you need to modify the frame to make it fit? Does anybody have a good condition kit for sale?

-Dan

Their site said you did on the 86-95 XR250, i will e-mail them and see for sure.

You have to cut the back bit of frame between the two rails off

I build a couple of spacers out of marine plywood to pack out between the frame and seat base.

You have to make new tank mounts.

After running the '91 out of oil :smirk:

I put my kit onto a 2002 250R, much easier and cleaner fit

It dosent sound like it fits very nice on the older bikes.

I found this picture some where

95_XR250RtanqueAloop.jpg?t=1306770826

Edited by JohanChaves

Thanks Johan, the owner of that bike sent me that picture...i dont think i am going to add the plastic, maybee just a new front and rear mx fender.

Thanks Johan, the owner of that bike sent me that picture...i dont think i am going to add the plastic, maybee just a new front and rear mx fender.

Front fender from a CRF its nice, I would like to put 2010-2011 CRF front fender, but the mounting holes are so different tha, those one 2006-2008 ones

Rear fender of a 2002-2004 CRF is an easy adaptation, I got the idea from an article I found on 4 strokes, I did it, check my garage

I've put a 2010 CRF front fender on my XR4. It looks very trick, a bit more than the older CRF fender, but means quite some fabricating.

The problem: there is a "step" in the fender, the front 2 holes are at a higher level:

8572700001_Kotfluegel-vorne-rot-Honda-CRF-250-R-CRF-450-R-Bj-2009-2011-universell-passend-fuer-Enduro-Moto-Cross-zB-XR-CR-CRF-NX-FMX_b2.jpg

If you drill 4 new holes on the rear lower plate, the fender will be too much forward, and look silly. What I did was to mill out the position of the front 2 fender stems from the fender, and fasten it via a small fiberglass bracket from the bottom.

fender%25252001.jpg

Probably I wouldn't hassle with it again, but it sure does look great now, and I'm not looking back :smirk:

I have the entire A-loop system as well as the 2004 CRF fender and MX rear fender. Of course everyone has seen my bike...

IMG_0716.jpg

ZO6, your bike is exactly how i want mine to look when i am finished wit it.

@ Z06PSI, what bike are those forks off of? Also, was that the A-Loop mx style rear fender, or was that off of an 04 crf?

You might want to use the XR650L/XR600R kit on a '91 XR250. It should fit much better. ;)

Here's some pic's of my '87 XR250R with XR6 parts on it. :ride:

XR250RLeft650Lpanel.jpg

002-1.jpg

With XR250L side panels and custom seat.

DSC00683.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by TNTsXLR