Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone used a wiseco fuel controller for 09 kx450?

Toying around with the idea of getting a wiseco fuel programmer and was wondering if anyone has used one and if it made any difference, and better yet, if it was worth it...If so, what were your best settings...

I've used them! Yes, they work and make a difference if you have made mods to your bike such as an exhaust, intake, or high compression piston. EFI bike owners mistakenly think the EFI "self adjusts" for all modifications and riding conditions, which is not the case. It will self adjust for a limited change in temp/pressure, but once you start changing the air flow through the engine, they generally need more fuel. Our EFI tuner is really just an "electronic jet kit". You still have to know how much fuel to add and where, but our tuner makes it stupid-simple with the 3 push button design. There is no laptop required or external power supply. A child could make the adjustments, but you still have to know which way to adjust it. Hope that helps.

I've used them! Yes, they work and make a difference if you have made mods to your bike such as an exhaust, intake, or high compression piston. EFI bike owners mistakenly think the EFI "self adjusts" for all modifications and riding conditions, which is not the case. It will self adjust for a limited change in temp/pressure, but once you start changing the air flow through the engine, they generally need more fuel. Our EFI tuner is really just an "electronic jet kit". You still have to know how much fuel to add and where, but our tuner makes it stupid-simple with the 3 push button design. There is no laptop required or external power supply. A child could make the adjustments, but you still have to know which way to adjust it. Hope that helps.

could you tell me how this differs from the programmer from kawi, and i'm sure it depends on what you want from your bike. I have plenty of power, so i am just trying to make everything run as it should. I don't have any high mods, but i do have a full fmf exhuast and a moose 13.1 piston...anything you can add would be a big help..and what type of gains can i expect from this....

You can expect to optimize your power by correctly tuning your fuel delivery, same as if you would rejet your carb after doing similar mods to your bike. I'm not sure how the Kawi tuner works. If it requires a laptop or power supply, that makes it far more difficult to use than ours. For more information, you can read more here: http://wiseco.com/Powersports/Accessories.aspx

Here is the link to when MXA rode our project bike with EFI controller: http://wiseco.com/PDFs/MediaSpotlights/Wiseco-CRF450-Motocross-Action-Review.pdf