Sign in to follow this  

new to site

finally joined tt. just seeing if im in proper honda forum here.got a 01 cr 500 pretty stock so far, buying a barnett carbon fiber clutch kit they claim to turn ur beast into fire breathing dragon .(well see)and 1 question whats a good motor oil? i usually run gear oil 75/80 ,however my local shop told me it will burn ur clutch plates? and then the proceeded to try and sell me some mineral 10 40 4 stroke oil(hence why im on here) and also do tt memberes get further discounts at motorcycle superstore thanks,will work on my garage pics.

Hi and welcome to Thumpertalk. Thumpertalk does have a CR forum. Here's a link:

TT CR Forum

Also, Te Thumpertalk Store is very competetive, here's a link for more details:

The TT Store

Have fun on your fire breathing Dragon!

:smirk:

Run rotella in the transmission. It is inexpensive and works just fine! One positive is that it is about ten dollars a gallon compared to some of the transmission oils that cost as much as ten dollars a quart.

I've ran the Honda gear oil (red bottle) for years without a problem. I also use their HP2 2-stroke oil at 32:1. Pretty sure I read some where not to use 927 in the cold so, in Canada, I'd only use it during the warmer seasons.

Rotella, good stuff. I've had sucess running spectro synsno snomachine oil believe it or not. I knew a spectro rep, same stuff as the $8 pints and for $40 for a gallon more betterer in the pocket book. I run 927 when it's warm.

CR500's RULE

Pretty sure I read some where not to use 927 in the cold so, in Canada, I'd only use it during the warmer seasons.

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard that 927 is better than synthetics for high temperature situations. And since I live in Arizona and have an air cooled bike... :smirk:

lol yeah she gets cold up here but the bikes only see the hot conditions anyone riding on the barnett carbon fiber dirt digger clutch? also how da yall get the wives to stay off ur back when ya wanna just be alone in the shop tuning ur bike lol

welcome.

run ATF type f for trani oil.iv been doing so for years with nothing but luck. its cheap at napa or any other automotive stor, shit even crapy tire has it.

as for pre mix. amesoil sure as shit has been making good oils for years apone years. they make two of witch one is avalible in canadian tire as well, witch is nice because its open all week and uselly to pritty late.

927 is bitchen oil. i run it here in the summer and switch to amis in the winter months.

hope it helps!

also how da yall get the wives to stay off ur back when ya wanna just be alone in the shop tuning ur bike lol

:lol:

I really lucked out. My wife loves to ride! :smirk: We worked it out so that my son and I take care of the bike maintenance while she does other things...

She rode Big Red once (the CR250) and said it was like riding a dragon! I love this woman! :smirk:

Of course, she also said she doesn't understand why other women don't ride, since they'll never get this much power between their legs any other way... :prof:

1 question whats a good motor oil? i usually run gear oil 75/80 ,however my local shop told me it will burn ur clutch plates? and .

sounds like youve been using gear oil for some time so you would be the best judge wether it works or not. have your plates burned ? most dealers dont know their head from ass :smirk:

lol yeah she gets cold up here but the bikes only see the hot conditions

Wasn't sure since some of you Canadian chaps like the cold too. :smirk:

2motokit6_web.jpg