Sign in to follow this  

KTM 250sxf 2011 missing power!

I was outnon the track today and after about 2,5 laps my bike was making some backfiring and it lost Its power completely.. There was no nosie from the engine and it starts up easily. But it does not run correctly, backfires and have no power. I also noticed that if i turn the idle screw, the idle speed does not change. If i pull the screw out, no idle change then either.. Something is clearly wrong, has anyone had i bike doing this kind of strange things? The bike has been running great for about 10 hrs..

/Kenta

Most likely a blocked injector. Can be cleaned or replaced and get the new inline filter. There are a number of posts to help out how to clean the injector.

Just thought i would give you an update.

On the 28th of may my bike starting acting up on me and after SEVERAL (about 5) visits at my dealers workshop i called up KTM directly. This was in the beginning of august..

1,5 weeks later a KTM 2012 250sxf arrived and i just switched bikes .. They just couldn´t figure out what was wrong with my 2011, they changed most parts including gastank and some of the electric components ..

So, the good news, the new bike is running great .. the bad news, no riding for about 3 months this year for me cause of the 2011 bike problem .. Should i be happy or pissed off? .. They were lucky i didn´t plan on competing this year but if i get ONE problem with the new bike, there will be a switch in color of the bike..

Kenth

Thats a bit rough if you ask me!No bike should take more than a week to repair.If it does they clearly have no idea what the problem is. Keep us updated on how your 12 goes, im looking to picking one up hopefully monday or tuesday. Im a long time yz 250f man but yamaha not updating the 10yr old motor forced me to change colour. I hope i the ktm has the same reliability im use to.......

I agree! .. Will do! So far the bike is running like a charm. I can also recommend FMF Titanium 4.1 Megabomb, the bike runs REALLY welll with the FMF .. Hope you will enjoy your KTM and that it works out for you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Urbanpoacher
      Hello everyone, I am new to the page and to the world of ktm. I recently purchased a used 2008 ktm xcfw with a 300 big bore kit, not sure who made or installed the kit. I am looking to see if there is any way to buy a new carb that is set up for this bike with the 300 BB. Any help would be great. The fuel inlet is leaking and there are a ton of stripped screws so I’m thinking getting a new carb might be the best way to go but i don’t really have the skill or knowledge to tune and jet a stock one myself. Thank you!
    • By christophe19912
      i am currently checking valve clearance on 2013 sxf 250 with 70 hrs. bike was bought new and never been apart(as far as i know). when setting TDC the notch on the crank when it is aligned to the whole, has the cam gear marks intake totally up and exhaust totally down. are these the wrong marks to look at or am i missing something. bike does run just a little difficult to start.
    • By gyodock
      2016 KTM 350xc-f - Olins Fork Cartridge Inserts, FMF 4.1 RCT Muffler, Pro Circuit Linkage Arm, Torc1 Reaction Shift and Rear Brake Lever, P3 Carbon Pipe Guard, Acerbis Skid Guard, Mobie Linkage Guard, Acerbis Swing-arm Guards, RYD Crew Aluminum Handguards, Sicass Racing Tail Light Kit with Flush Mount LED Rear Turn Signals, Sicass Racing Handguards with Built-in LED Turn Signals, Rental Sprockets, Trail-Tech Stator Upgrade, ktmandhusky.com Fuel Rail and Anti-vibration Bar Ends, Guts Seat Cover, USB Charging Port, Misc Anodized Orange Aluminum Bling. My wife is getting jealous of the attention I am giving my bike!
    • By Dandeliongardens
      Hey all. I’m a newbie here so let me know if  I’m in the wrong place. 
      I’ll get straight down to it. I’m in the market for a new bike and have been thinking about what’s going to be best for me for a long time. Until recently I finally came to the conclusion that a new YZ250FX is my best option. My last bike was 2015 Yz250f which I loved.
      Now just yesterday I saw a local dealer advertise left over 17’ FX350’s for almost the same price as the YZ. What appeals to me about the Husky is that extra grunt. What doesn’t appeal to me is the suspension and handling and the reliability of the machine. Now I’ve never owned a KTM or Husky so I am basing those two factors on word of mouth only. Like I said, I loved my Yz250f and felt very at home on it, it has probably been the best bike I’ve owned to date. Yamaha reliability is also second to none which adds to my peace of mind on purchasing the YZ. One thing I wish it had was more power though. Obviously it’s only a 250f so you can’t expect it to go like a 450 (not really interested in 450s).
      I ride mostly trails and the occasional day at the mx track. The trails I ride are gravel based, loose, rocky, single trail, and also wide, fast, flowing, sand trails which is where I think my yz250f really shined, and where I had the most fun. I’m only a small rider at 145lbs which is why I’ve steered away from 450s. 
      I’ve read a few forums and others have said the ktm and Husky 350s are unbeatable on the trail which is why I am in this dilemma.
      So basically what I’m trying to decide on is if that extra power is worth compromising for the YZ suspension, handling and usability. Feel free to make any other suggestions, including other bikes as I was also considering the YZ250X 2T.
      Thanks guys

• By OffroadMT
      I am purchasing a 2012 KTM 350XCF after wanting one for a year and finally picking one up in December. My question is what are some good things to watch for on this bike as far as initial set up and good Mods to improve bike ? My plan is to add a skid plate, hand guards and muffler with the possibillity of changing the header pipe and a Rekluse EXP would be nice as we ride mostly single track mountain trails with some rocks . Any good thoughts and suggestions would be appretiated