Sign in to follow this  

FCR 40 jetting

i have an FCR 40 off a honda dirtbike, i know its not the right one but i am going to make it work, where should i be at for jetting as a starting point? i know i am going to have figure out the final setup for myself but again i just need a starting point so i dont burn this sucker down thanks

100 slow air jet

200 main air jet

EMN needle, clip 3

45 pilot

155 main jet

Wire AP linkage

Block Leak jet if equipped

No damage can occur if you are too lean with a 4S. If could be so lean as to barely run and it would be ok.

ok thanks for the info, on quick question, what do you mean by wire the AP linkage?, i see the acclerator pump linkage but what am i wireing ?

No damage can occur if you are too lean with a 4S. If could be so lean as to barely run and it would be ok.

This is not entirely true, in most cases a lean condition will cause poor running and a obvious problem that needs attention.

But in the the case of a too lean Main Jet, it can cause catastrophic failure during sustained WOT, ask any desert racer.

ok thanks for the info, on quick question, what do you mean by wire the AP linkage?, i see the acclerator pump linkage but what am i wireing ?

DSCN4146.jpg