Sign in to follow this  

Cr 125?

I'm leaning towards getting a 125 2t. I've always been a fan of honda, and I was wondering how the cr 125 compares to other 125's. I will be using the bike for trail riding, there is a motox track close to my camp, but no competitive racing will be done.

How does the cr 125 stack up against the other 125's and is it reliable?

I personaly think you should look towards a KTM or a YZ as at least these have been developed in recent years, more so the KTM

Again this is my personal view and I think the later years of the CR were not good at all! the engine while being reliable was not a great and the first few years of alloy frame were a horror, just my view others will have there own:thumbsup:

I personaly think you should look towards a KTM or a YZ as at least these have been developed in recent years, more so the KTM

Again this is my personal view and I think the later years of the CR were not good at all! the engine while being reliable was not a great and the first few years of alloy frame were a horror, just my view others will have there own:thumbsup:

I'm personally not a fan of ktm, mainly due to the fact that I've heard parts can be a bit more costly, and parts are out of the country?(I dunno a friend told me that :smirk:) As far as being developed in recent years, I'll be trading my 2000 400ex for one, going to shoot for like an 03 or something, so recent production doesn't mean a whole lot. But I have heard good things about the yz 125. Ill see what I get for trade offers.

If anyone has anymore info or comments, post em :smirk:

The yz won wost of the shoot out during this period. The honda's engine was very lacking in this era. I think the handling was rated very well on the Honda it just didn;t have the engine. Look up some of the mxa shoot out for 125. They should be able to answer you questions.

The Cr motor did suck but the chassis is awesome. For the years you are talking about get a YZ. The YZ had a Great 125 motor and the handling was ok for a 125. Any 125 will require you to get good at fanning the clutch, gear selection, and corner speed. Once you get those things down they are alot of fun and pretty fast. I think you will find going fast is about riding skill first. What better than a 125 to develop that skill. Good Choice!!

I have a KX125, using for trails and single track. I have heard the CR125 is the worst 125 for trails. The YZ and RM are also good.

If anything they should be the best cause of there handling