Help with landing/catching the break

I recently started riding a new bike. For some reason with the new bike I have caught the rear break pedal on landing (NOT GOOD). I use to ride a 04 RM 125 and now an 06 250sx. I am not sure why this has started to occur. The break pedal is at the same level it was on the previous bike. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

John

I don't know what your level of riding is so I don't like to give advice. I can tell you that I jump on the balls of my feet. I find myself moving my foot around depending on what I'm doing. Obviously you can't shift or rear brake like that but you should be riding majority of the time on the balls of your feet. Again, I may be wrong since I am no expert, but that is how I ride. I know when I have to adjust my foot to shift or rear brake.

I understand that I should be on the ball of my feet. This is where I am confused, it was never a problem with the 125. Landing and hitting the break is only one problem, I am concerned that if my feet are not in the correct spot, then I can't properly operate the controls to adjust the attitude of the bike in the air. I guess what I am looking for is suggestions on hoe to keep my feet in the correct spot.

Thanks

John

You have to learn to move your foot around. It comes natural to me but I had problems like you at one time. I think same will happen for you and you won't have to think about it. There are plenty of good learning video's on u-tube that are very helpful. I always watch them and I've attended some MX schools even at my age. It's the little things which make you a better rider.

try lowering the brake pedal just slightly. ktm's are very adjustable and a subtle change can make the difference.

i started running my shifter kinda high, out of the way so i have to shift deliberately. i lowered my rear brake so i have to point my toe down to reach it while standing. this keeps me from mis-shifting or dragging the rear brake when i don't want to.

try lowering the brake pedal just slightly. ktm's are very adjustable and a subtle change can make the difference.

i started running my shifter kinda high, out of the way so i have to shift deliberately. i lowered my rear brake so i have to point my toe down to reach it while standing. this keeps me from mis-shifting or dragging the rear brake when i don't want to.

Exactly, I was gonna say the same thing. I had a problem with this recently, just adjusted my rear brake and blamo, gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. I dropped the peddle slightly and concentrated on squeezing the bike with my ankles, seem to work fine. I can still up shift in the air and apply the break to bring the front down if necessary. I think I just needed to get use to the new bike and increased power. The 250 is quite different then the 125.

Thanks

John