Sign in to follow this  

Trials balance practice

Since there isn't a trials video page I thought this would be the next best spot to post this.

I'm fairly new to trials, riding for about 3 years now, so there's lots to learn.

Being able to balance is probably the most basic building block, but the problem is that the bike is so much fun to ride, I don't spend much time on the basics.

To fix this and to keep from getting rusty over the winter, I parked one of the bikes in front of the TV and practiced stationary balance on and off over the winter.

To my surprise it actually worked and has opened some new riding possibilities.

Here are a few short clips of the first few days outside. For folks used to seeing the pro aliens hopping up cliffs on their rear tires this will seem very lame, but to new trials riders, or any riders thinking of trying out the sport, it'll show that you don't have to be an alien to catch on fairly quickly.

Cheers

Frosty

Hey your good.I think trials riding takes skill, anybody can ride motorcross or hold a bike wide open in a straight line.I went to the trials training center in tennennesse years ago and its not as easier as it looks.It makes you better on your trail bike too.Look alot of the top offroaders were trials riders when they started.

• Like 1

Hey your good.I think trials riding takes skill, anybody can ride motorcross or hold a bike wide open in a straight line.I went to the trials training center in tennennesse years ago and its not as easier as it looks.It makes you better on your trail bike too.Look alot of the top offroaders were trials riders when they started.

Thanks KTM. Nowadays people want to see you balancing on the bike on your head with your feet on fire. Here where we have actual riders the guys can appreciate what's involved a bit more.

I wanna see the video of you hoping up onto that rock!

Haha! Maybe next year, but for now you'll have to settle for a video of me lifting the bike up onto that rock.

Here are a few shots of a successful and unsuccessful hop.

RiverRun10.jpg

RiverRun9.jpg

RiverRun4.jpg

waterfall1.jpg