2001 KX 125 Engine Rebuild

I've got a 2001 Kawasaki KX 125 that has a 10 year old egine in it.....

Well i was riding and it was making a wierd rattling noise, we checked it out and decided to continue riding because the day was almost over. Well when i came off of a jump and hit the gas, it stalled, and wouldnt start...no spark.

Well we checked it out and found out the stator blew up:(. Well we got a new stator put it in and yet again, it blew up. The problem is that the threads that held the stator the plate tore and let the stator loose and it grinded against the magnet piece? idk the specific term for it. My question is, Is it necessary to rebuild the whole engine or just the bottom...or another idea. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason:thumbsup:

I've got a 2001 Kawasaki KX 125 that has a 10 year old egine in it.....

Well i was riding and it was making a wierd rattling noise, we checked it out and decided to continue riding because the day was almost over. Well when i came off of a jump and hit the gas, it stalled, and wouldnt start...no spark.

Well we checked it out and found out the stator blew up:(. Well we got a new stator put it in and yet again, it blew up. The problem is that the threads that held the stator the plate tore and let the stator loose and it grinded against the magnet piece? idk the specific term for it. My question is, Is it necessary to rebuild the whole engine or just the bottom...or another idea. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason:thumbsup:

this is in no way related to engineering. you need to go to the kawi forum.

the magnet peice is called a flywheel. you dont need to rebuild anything. you just need to fix the threads like you should have the first time and get the replacement parts that have been destroyed. look into hei-coils for thread repair.

Yeah i just needed some feedback.

But we fixed the threads and they just cracked again. Its something to do with the crankshaft.

picture?

Get a new crank.

Ed

Get a new crank.

Ed

We actually took it to the local bike shop, and found out that it needs an entire new engine, the cylinder head was singed so bad, it couldnt be machined. $1600 to be fixed. either were gonna geta new bike or buy a new engine.