My TC 450 doesn't have a kickstand mounting tab?

From searching the forum for other people who have put TE kickstands on their TC's, it seems that some 2004 TC's had the mounting tabs on them, mine as you can see from the pic does not have one... now what do i do? Is there any aftermarket kickstands out there? I am going to definitely need one....

th.53e59d9b1d.jpg

Also could someone please post a close up pic of their 2004 or similar TE or SMR kick stand so I can see how it is all mounted, parts fiche is kinda ambiguous and I'd like to see exactly whats going on if I have to fabricate something on my own.

Nate

Edited by NateZ426

Those two threaded holes in the frame in your picture are where the kickstand mounting plate mounts. The kickstand then mounts to that plate. I have the same bike and have yet to find an aftermarket kickstand that works.

Table 19 is what I was lookin at, i guess what confused me was if you look at it, in between the two mounting holes that my bike has, it appears to have another slightly bigger mounting bracket that mine does not have. (see pic)

screenshot20110529at103.jpg

What really got me confused was the guy i talked to at halls to get pricing on this asked what kinda bike i had and then said he didnt know if it would work because "some of the TC's frames dont have the mounting tab" and went i went to look, voila, no mounting tab (or atleast i thought)

If what you guys are saying though and that bracket mounts to the two holes, and the kickstand to the bracket, then that makes sense. Could one of you guys please snap a close up pic of yours so i can see this for me?

Thanks,

Nate

Humm, yeah that fische does not match my bike. I have two frames one is a TC and one is a TE and neither one has that middle tab. I'll be in the garage later, I took all that stuff off and tossed it in a box a while ago, but I'll see if I can find it and take pictures.

Humm, yeah that fische does not match my bike. I have two frames one is a TC and one is a TE and neither one has that middle tab. I'll be in the garage later, I took all that stuff off and tossed it in a box a while ago, but I'll see if I can find it and take pictures.

Thanks I'll wait for the pic, since you took the stuff off, any interest in selling the kickstand setup to me??

Nate

I haven't been able to find it yet, but it's in a box somewhere in there. Honestly, I've been meaning to re-mount mine. I'm getting tired of looking for a tree just to take a trail break. I was hoping to find a reasonable replacement part (trail tech, pro moto billet..etc) but no one seems to support this year bike. I'll probably just end up replacing the super soft OEM parts in the end.

Edited by Srad600

No problem, ended up buying a stock setup from fugi, minus the bracket which I got from halls. I now have all the parts i need to reassemble my motor and get my bike goin. Fingers crossed :smirk: