Cut and connect?

To disable the kickstand kill switch do I just cut the two wires and connect them together? It has never been a good idea to short circuit somthing but that is what I keep hearing people are doing. Is this right?

Drz400sm

Your not short circuiting, your just keeping the circuit in a unbroken loop.

The switch acts as breaking the circuit, hence killing the engine in the rough stuff every time the kick stand moves up and down opening and closing the circuit.

Most people, including myself, do it under the seat and take the switch off all together. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Thanks for the help guys, and I will do it under the seat and take off the switch like you said. That thing is driving me nuts!!

Most people, including myself, do it under the seat and take the switch off all together. Wish I would have done it sooner.

+ 100000000000000 on that one

It's rough when you're showing off to your buddies on their gixxers as you ride down a cobblestone street and your bike cuts off and you look dumb because of that damn switch. Dont think they noticed because they were on gixxers on a cobblestone street. They were more concerned with keeping their fillings in their teeth!

Or you stupidly try to start the thing when the side stand is down , like I have :smirk:

Or you stupidly try to start the thing when the side stand is down , like I have :smirk:

+1 took me about 5 minute to figure out why mine would not start on the firts ride. :smirk: