Sign in to follow this  

Smaller replacement for Baja Designs switch?

My 450x currently has a Baja Designs street legal kit with the very ugly, bulky street type switch gear on the left handlebar like this...

41uud9wdDWL.jpg

It was recently mashed up in an offroad get off and I'd like to replace it with something more low profile, slimmer. Here's the deal:

1. I need it to retain the square plug as the Baja Designs unit. Is the square plug a BD thing or is that the factory harness setup? I'd just like to keep that so I dont' have to rig something on my own and cut up the oem harness and/or plug. Meaning, if need be might want to go back to big bulky BD handlebar switch if I sell it and new owner wants a completly street legal with hi-lo and turn signals switch.

2. All I need is the on-off and horn. I don't use the turn signal or the hi-lo beam on my BD kit.

Any ideas?

My 450x currently has a Baja Designs street legal kit with the very ugly, bulky street type switch gear on the left handlebar like this...

41uud9wdDWL.jpg

It was recently mashed up in an offroad get off and I'd like to replace it with something more low profile, slimmer. Here's the deal:

1. I need it to retain the square plug as the Baja Designs unit. Is the square plug a BD thing or is that the factory harness setup? I'd just like to keep that so I dont' have to rig something on my own and cut up the oem harness and/or plug. Meaning, if need be might want to go back to big bulky BD handlebar switch if I sell it and new owner wants a completly street legal with hi-lo and turn signals switch.

2. All I need is the on-off and horn. I don't use the turn signal or the hi-lo beam on my BD kit.

Any ideas?

You are going to have to modify the harness. Just use Scotch-locks.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=perchswitches&sid=w7sf2056k6mcjb0p0u201y3289037764

There's got to be another option. Something that has 3 switches: Power-on/off, horn and kill.

I don't mind wiring it if i have to. I think I can make that work. I just want something sleek, low profile (so I dont accidently bump it during a race or hard riding and kill it or hit the power Off).

I was looking at the Highway Dirtbikes handlebar switch with turnsignals but think it would be too easy to bump one of them and kill the bike.

Perhaps someone has a quick pic of the stock crf450x leftside handlebar setup so I can see how their switches look?

That's the one I have. Seems to be pretty common. Doesn't seem like the highest quality, but its lasted 4k miles for me so far. The "bright" LED works intermittently on mine, but that's not a big deal.

IMG_4418.JPG

That's the one I have. Seems to be pretty common. Doesn't seem like the highest quality, but its lasted 4k miles for me so far. The "bright" LED works intermittently on mine, but that's not a big deal.

IMG_4418.JPG

I've got the same one, 1200 miles and still works, LED worked once and never again.